What's new

Buying and selling ..

The seeker

Registered
Hi guys just a quick one really. What’s people’s preferred buying and selling ways ? Is it better for the buyer to use bank transfer or Paypal? Are there any other methods ? In the past I’ve always used bank transfer ... and possibly blind faith? Should I be using PayPal ? How do you buy and sell your pins ?
Thanks

agreed, bank transfer and ONLY with someone super well respected like Chris B

Haha, I’m good with bank transfers since if I have cash, it tends to end up in a pint glass.

If it’s a stranger pay cash and collect yourself

If it’s someone off here then it’s a bank transfer and get Martin to collect it

PAYPAL gift for under a couple of hundred quid with known members.

BACS for games with known members, sending a test £1 first. Cash for bits & bobs at shows.

I don’t buy elsewhere.

I actually prefer PayPal gift over BACS as the money normally goes straight out again to cover something else I've bought.

You have to be careful with bacs. I bought a game from a forum member. He did not want cash. We had never met before

So we met, the game was exactly as described. I sent a tenner via my phone banking to make sure he received it, as they are instant nowadays. All was well. If you send cash to the wrong account via bacs you have little or no protection, so be careful. But then my bank refused to send the second amount, the four figure sum for the game, as it was two transactions with a new counterparty on the same day.

So I PayPal-ed the rest

Back
Top Bottom