What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSD VUK issue

Jon Fletcher

Registered
Afternoon all. Williams BSD Altar vuk activates even when no ball is in there.
Thinking this may be faulty optos in the trough but would like someone with superior knowledge than me to confirm before I start fitting new optos.
Thanks for any info than anyone can give on this. Cheers.

Afternoon all. Williams BSD Altar vuk activates even when no ball is in there.
Thinking this may be faulty optos in the trough but would like someone with superior knowledge than me to confirm before I start fitting new optos.
Thanks for any info than anyone can give on this. Cheers.

Put it into switch test mode and see which switches are showing active. Bang on the playfield also to vibration check dodgy connections.

Measure volts across the white opto sender. If higher than 2v opto is bad , if lower than 0.5v there’s no power getting to it. If in between then check the wiring for the receiver.

If the opto works in test mode but goes off randomly during gameplay then there are two options.

Either the opto is weak, so drops in supply voltage make it cross the switching threshold. Replace the opto emitter with a new one.

Or you have a ghost switch. In switch test ensure that each switch closure causes only one switch to respond on the display. If one switch causes multiple reactions then you have a switch matrix short somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom