What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSD Left Mist Gate

crsedgar

Site Supporter
If anyone has tips on getting the left mist gate to work 100% I would appreciate any information.

I'm using some copper wire (no spring) which I have used in the past with good results but been fettling away with this for a couple of hours now and don't seem to be making much prgoress.

Cheers
Chris

whats the actual problem. GAte needs to be just low enough to block entry, but if too low it will interfere with the opto beam. Make sure the opto is completely stable when both gates are closed.

whats the actual problem. GAte needs to be just low enough to block entry, but if too low it will interfere with the opto beam. Make sure the opto is completely stable when both gates are closed.
It's purely mechanical, the gate is not opening quite enough so the ball is forced off the magnet. I'll just need to do trial and error adjustments until its right, it was just if there was something I was missing because I suspect I'm not the only one to encounter this problem.

How is the gate looking? My wire gate was very beaten, so I need to get another one when the new long opto board arrives.

How is the gate looking? My wire gate was very beaten, so I need to get another one when the new long opto board arrives.
I had to fabricate a new one using some rods and special pliers, the one I had was butchered. It looked pretty close but no doubt being out a mill here and there could be causing issues.

That was my thought for mine. I found a EU supplier but now can’t find it.

That's it working I just needed to use a bit more persuasion to get it seated correctly.

Geoff to make the gate there's a post on Pinside with the measurements I could dig it out if that would help?

Attachments

• IMG_20230503_193055.jpg
    IMG_20230503_193055.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 20
This rebuild has been full of annoying, everytime I think I am nearly done, I find the next missing part but it will get there soon.

I bought that Marco one after your post reminded me I needed one.

I have some wire arriving for the weekend and will give that a try first.
Last weekend was building a rivet press and doing ramp flaps, one day this machine will be whole again.

Back
Top Bottom