What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bristol Pinball

todler

Site Supporter
Was in Bristol yesterday and there is an Arcade “museum” set up in the Galleries shopping center. Didn’t go in but from the window could see a Demo Man and what looks like a HS2 (red beacon on top). Just a heads up for anyone in the area.
Looks like a fixed fee for entry.
Cheers

I know Chris (edit: Craig!) @roadshow16 is involved with this so maybe can give more info?

I keep meaning to go and have a look but haven’t managed to do so yet…

Last edited:
I believe Mark @8bit-1up also involved.. booked tickets for next Friday.. spoke to him - Demo Man and HS2 is right afaik .

Yep, myself and Mark have put HS2 and DM in there.

https://www.historyofvideogames.co.uk/ this is the place.

The machines take an absolute battering, because they are freeplay (over 10k combined plays in 2 months last I checked 🙈) so it's impossible to keep up with repairs and they probably won't play amazing. We are trying to add more games and sort out a more sustainable way of keeping them going, but it's a work in progress!

For us the most important thing was that pinball was in there as Bristol has been devoid of pinball for a long time!

Stopped by for 45min today with the boys and gf, I really liked the Stern T3 will have to try and pick one up one day :)
Let me know next time you’re coming in and I’ll show you the other pins we have hidden away from the public. I might be selling a few to get funds ready for Toy Story.

Attachments

• BF1ADE9F-1CFE-4AFD-8525-446C298CF6E7.jpeg
    BF1ADE9F-1CFE-4AFD-8525-446C298CF6E7.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 90
  • 3E676AC4-C55E-4026-8CE3-09F6EDC0DCC6.jpeg
    3E676AC4-C55E-4026-8CE3-09F6EDC0DCC6.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 85
Let me know next time you’re coming in and I’ll show you the other pins we have hidden away from the public. I might be selling a few to get funds ready for Toy Story.
Nice one, might try and sneak away one lunch time :D

Ohh me and Mrs C are down near Bristol from Wed, hopefully we can call in Thurs, Friday :D or both 😜

Ohh me and Mrs C are down near Bristol from Wed, hopefully we can call in Thurs, Friday :D or both 😜
Sadly I’m not about during the week days, but if you ever come in on a Sunday I’ll be more than happy to show you round.

Our newest addition is Super Mario Bros which will be going out very soon.

Attachments

• 50E85D75-1B5B-45DB-88C6-C04F5BC4D6C4.jpeg
    50E85D75-1B5B-45DB-88C6-C04F5BC4D6C4.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 21
Sadly I’m not about during the week days, but if you ever come in on a Sunday I’ll be more than happy to show you round.

Our newest addition is Super Mario Bros which will be going out very soon.
Heading up that way shortly :thumbs: should get a couple of hours in :D

Mrs C and I spent just under 2 hrs here, early afternoon today;
5 pins on the far left wall were accessible as per the first photo posted from last month @8bit-1up , 4 working and first time playing any of them.

*T3* Played pretty well considering the volume of play Craig mentioned the pins receive in this environment. Fun ramps with great wire forms and and easy to understand playfield. Backbox RPG game is unique while frustrating, shame it's not one of the better films in the series.

*OperationThunder* The wife LOVED this, it seemed so whacky and different to pins she's used to playing at home. Unfortunately quite dark and difficult to see the action at the back of the playfield, absolutely brutal scoop battered me every time. Fun FX and flashers though. She'll definitely make a beeline for this game if there's one at Pinfest.

*BoP* In need of some serious TLC, slingshots not responsive and weakish flippers. Seems like an awesome game, would love one in the future to place next to El Pinboto.
Mrs C said she desperately wanted to rescue this BoP and sneak her in the boot of the car.

*Flash* Out of action :(

*Galaxy* Really nice condition, lovely bright displays presumably upgraded to LED. Think I played this the most out of the 4 as it seemed like useful target practice.

@8bit-1up Could see the bank of other pins sitting in the dark in the nether regions. Such a tease 😜

Nice, After today I have 2 weeks off work so will deffo be popping in to play the T3 some more and have a go on the Mario with the kids!! :)

New EOS switches for Independence Day, Galaxy and Flash.
4C5C2C9A-2ED8-48D5-AD14-FF91EE233B1C.jpeg

Hopefully swapping out BOP for Independence Day while BOP gets some much needed love.

Went into the new Brewdog in Harbourside today, more than half expecting to find a pinball as Brewdogs elsewhere in the country seem to have pinballs sited judging by comments on here….but no joy. :(

The existing Brewdog in Bristol is tiny so assumed that was why there wasn’t one there, but the new one is pretty big - so I guess it’s not ‘Brewdog policy’ to have a pinball In every bar?

Went into the new Brewdog in Harbourside today, more than half expecting to find a pinball as Brewdogs elsewhere in the country seem to have pinballs sited judging by comments on here….but no joy. :(

The existing Brewdog in Bristol is tiny so assumed that was why there wasn’t one there, but the new one is pretty big - so I guess it’s not ‘Brewdog policy’ to have a pinball In every bar?
Get yourself to Kong's Andy. They have had an AIQ, ST and Mando in there for a couple of months. Also, I think there might be a couple of pins coming to Brewdog at some point 👍

Gonna stop in Friday with my boys to play me some Mario and T3 whist gf at work!!! And will check this Kong place out as well.

Get yourself to Kong's Andy. They have had an AIQ, ST and Mando in there for a couple of months.
Went in after work today, all 3 machines nice and clean but the Mando was turned off and AIQ had no sound - or at least it was set so low to be inaudible. The ST was pretty quiet too but at least it could be heard!

Hopefully the Mando gets sorted as I’ve never played it and it looks interesting so will call back in next time I have to go into the office.

Did not get a chance to visit Kong yet as 18s only and got family with me due to being half term. Will have to drop by another time!

But will be visiting the arcade museum tomorrow!!! Checkout this Mario and play the T3 :D

Also, I think there might be a couple of pins coming to Brewdog at some point 👍
Went into the office for the first time in a while today, popped into Brewdog and Mandolorian was there 🙂 Nice to have a few choices of games in the centre of Bristol now 👍

Just had time for three games, it locked up and reset itself half way through game 2 but otherwise played very well.

Pretty sure it’s not had many plays as can’t imagine that score should be on the high score table… 🤣

BE6B50A8-3334-45B8-AB72-0E1E33BF8944.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom