What's new

Bookkeeping totals clearing rules

Devil-Mish

Registered
I'm sure this has been discussed before, if you are doing a factory reset on a pinball machine (Specifically thinking WPC '89 - Fish Tales), does that also remove the bookkeeping settings / total play audits?

I feel like I've heard its different across different machines like the JJPs, do clear the audits but others don't?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, everything goes.
Lifetime audits are a newish thing as far as I know and even then they can be erased in some cases.

Thanks my friend.

I have an opportunity to possibly buy a fish tales machine, I thought the wear didn't match the 400 plays on the audits. 👍

Yeah playcount on anything than games from the last decade is meaningless.
Condition and how they're been looked after is always king

With Wpc, and System 11, "Install Factory Settings" does just that. Loss of battery power (leading to a corrupt Cmos Ram), installing different software (a different check-sum is noted when powered up), or altering the territory jumpers/switches on Wpc games, loses all accounting totals in addition to installing the default settings*.

Wpc has two sets of bookkeeping entries, 'Recent' and 'Total'. Recent can be cleared by their programmed Utility function(s), whereas Total can't, though they don't persist in the situations above. When the Wpc board-set was introduced, I wrote down how to obtain the coinage and earnings entries, for our collectors. I also listed how to clear the Recent totals, but that didn't reach them.

* The default settings with Wpc vary according to what territory is selected - in many cases, a 'USA' pattern is used to configure the knocker drive circuit for a knocker, instead of the coin meter set-up used in some other regions, including Britain

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom