What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Black Side Rails & Pull down bar for Getway HSII

Nutty

Site Supporter
Can anyone point me in the right direction for Black Side Rails & Pull down bar for Getway HSII maybe legs as well depending on the monies.

Now we've established what everything is called I take it nobody has any :) .... @Pick Holder good shout I will get mine power coated :thumbs:

More than likely you won’t get the side rails off without damaging them

Bear in mind I've only done this once but I did it with a Stanley knife pushed out a few more clips, and slid/sawn down the cab side. Mine were attached with some kind of thin foam tape.

on closer inspection I need a right hand rail as it has a small dent in it

There is no 'left'' and 'right' hand side rails. They are both identical.

Can be a pain to get off. Its worth a go ! You have nothing to loose.

Also I can not remember any Bally/Williams games from the DMD era that did not have chrome side rails.....

I used a decorators scrapers like these:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-decorators-knives-3-piece-set/20018 to remove the side rails. Came away lovely and no damage to rails or decals (which were removed anyway). Make sure you remove the holding bolts at the front first.

Powder coating is def way to go. £20-£40 should cover blasting and coating. Recommend you get the legs done to match.

Not sure if all Williams pins are chromed - I think mainly Williams machines with Stainless Steel side rails, lockdown bars and legs. Metal bashers tend to prefer to keep stainless natural and not powder coat it.

Dents and scratches can be fixed - could try a local metal polisher.

Good luck

Last edited:
I used a decorators scrapers like these:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-decorators-knives-3-piece-set/20018 to remove the side rails. Came away lovely and no damage to rails or decals (which were removed anyway). Make sure you remove the holding bolts at the front first.

Powder coating is def way to go. £20-£40 should cover blasting and coating. Recommend you get the legs done to match.

Not sure if all Williams pins are chromed - I think mainly Williams machines with Stainless Steel side rails, lockdown bars and legs. Metal bashers tend to prefer to keep stainless natural and not powder coat it.

Dents and scratches can be fixed - could try a local metal polisher.

Good luck
WMS side rails are NOT stainless, its a common myth. Neither are lockdown bars.

So if I have chrome or stainless they can both be power coated ?

Also I can not remember any Bally/Williams games from the DMD era that did not have chrome side rails.....
[/QUOTE]

I can - Corvette had black rails and lockdown bar. :p:)

Back
Top Bottom