What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Black Rose, updated with better pics.

JMP

Site Supporter
Unexpected occurrence in house move means I need to move some pins and stuff. All nice/decent examples imo, had many league meets and socials here so people can hopefully concur. Will post up better pics and details for people interested, things just a bit manic for me at moment. Would prefer a local view/test, sale and pickup etc. if possible. All very reluctant sales but need to move those that can be maybe sourced again.

Black Rose. Very nice example previously owned by @David_Vi and @Jmac on here. Fully working with good DMD. LED's. Since I've owned it, I've hand coloured all the cabinet artwork back in - see pic (same both sides). Just needs some black button guards not got round to. Few dints in the side rails, couple of chips out of plastics. £2,500

Super Orbit . Very rare Gottlieb System 80A. Plays perfectly with no issues. Fast game with cool sounds. Backglass has been painted back in where flaking has occurred - see pic. New plastics, chrome polished legs, pop bumpers, flippers and essential ground mods (IMO) +5V regulator done during Covid. Playfield good with mylar over some black touch ups. @MajesticPinball has first dibs. £2,000. Provisionally sold.

Laser Cue. Pretty rare WIlliams System 7 with cool sounds. Cab has planking marks, touched in but not great tbh. PF is decent but ball swirls visible on light colours. Nice backglass. Displays good. All works but has a hang/crash problem currently, only when warms up, been told is a PSU voltage issue which I will get fixed before sale. Refurbished CPU/Driver boards from @Nevin with NVRAM. £2,000. Provisionally sold.

Pics follow this. Viewing welcome, near Poulton-le-Fylde NW. Martin possible but I may still be moving out of his house end of Oct and pins will go into private/accessible storage so will be wrapped up etc.

Last edited:
383620655_7164952693514694_3322605431841806309_n.jpg

383808831_1006045990636824_7414919920989616040_n.jpg

383356686_277273348590482_2911882082924873717_n.jpg

383860285_614326654193261_7223716273067953127_n.jpg

Last edited:
My Rosie, my first pinball, she's been around this forum and been looked after well at each port she's docked.

I miss her but now is not the time

Better Black Rose pics. Not looking for offers on this one, I paid £2,500, then completed all the cab work (including chrome t-moulding to back box) so £2,500 I'd like.

All works as it should. Display perfect. New manual included. LED's and super bands fitted. Glass is good and not scratched. Nice clean condition, best one I've ever had (out of three) and will be missed.

It's now also on Ebay as a BIN.

BR12.jpg

BR13.jpg

BR11.jpg

BR8.jpg

BR9.jpg

Last edited:
Just to add, will be happy to buy this Black Rose back next year when sorted in new place (probably around Spring) if someone wants a short-term purchase. Just freeing up some £ in the interim.

Just to add, will be happy to buy this Black Rose back next year when sorted in new place (probably around Spring) if someone wants a short-term purchase. Just freeing up some £ in the interim.
@David_Vi Do you want to talk up the merits of Black Rose to anyone unfamiliar with the pin - help @JMP make a sale? :)

It's just amazing when set up and dialed in properly.
I've seen people say it's a one shot game (up the middle) but that's not really true if set up well and flippers aligned properly. The shot becomes more challenging and less easy to repeat. The main strategy for BR is going for multiballs to bank your sink ship letters.

Light lock via inlanes and lock one ball on the left then hit ramps to collect sink ship letters, but if you can lock both balls back into the lock you get a 3 ball multiball where every ramp is worth two letters.

If you complete sink ship and you're still in multiball you can stack letters so you could have multiple ships ready after multiball. When you sink a ship the music and lighting is amazing! (Especially with ledocd), it's so dramatic and makes you feel amazing.

I absolutely loved this game, my friends weren't keen at first then once they understood the rules it became a favourite of a lot of them.

It's got the simple ish ruleset of a sys11 and early wpc89 that's really satisfying as you don't feel you've completed the game, you just keep trying (like Fish tales, Diner, Taxi, creech etc).

I do miss it, I put a lot of work into getting it playing nice, the LEDs, reversing a few hacks that were made to the broadside shot and waited weeks for the tiny spring for the broadside gate to arrive from Australia 😄
We're full, no money and I like to experience other games or I'd have it back.

I hope this sells on the forum as it's been in the community for years. I remember when I bought it you could trace back it's owners on here for years and years .

@David_Vi Do you want to talk up the merits of Black Rose to anyone unfamiliar with the pin - help @JMP make a sale? :)

Ain't noone in pinball or life looking as sexy stylish and at peace, enjoying existence as much as a David Bowery when he's in his feels and in the flow on Rosie.

Dancing, jumping, a contented and joyous grin on his face. Buy this game and try to experience just a fraction of this feeling and it will likely be your highlight of your decade.

Ain't noone in pinball or life looking as sexy stylish and at peace, enjoying existence as much as a David Bowery when he's in his feels and in the flow on Rosie.

Yes, I had an epic game on one at electric circus which took me into the finals!

Loved Black Rose on Pinball FX3, bags of personality, good deal for someone waiting on Pulp Fiction? Buy this then sell it back next year, a lot of free fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMP
pin2dmd has arrived for mine today. Such a great bang for buck game. the sink ship theme is up there will the finest pinball tunes

This flurry of discussion (or maybe the alternate translight Alan) must have inspired interest, as four asking for it within hours of each other (!) anyway, now sold pending balance payment.

Site donation will be made when people settle up, cheers.

This flurry of discussion (or maybe the alternate translight Alan) must have inspired interest, as four asking for it within hours of each other (!) anyway, now sold pending balance payment.

Site donation will be made when people settle up, cheers.
I was sorely tempted to be honest John. but as you saw at the weekend, a bit over quota at the mo. Congrats on sale.

Reactions: JMP
Back
Top Bottom