Bitchiness on the forum....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney Blush

Never enough space.
Alias
Courtney
Hey all,

I am personally sick of this. Thread after thread all I see is people slagging other people off, being rude, insulting etc.

What the hell is going on?

The Xenon backglass thread, the No Fear thread (anything to do with Steve Brum), the Courtney Flush thread, and many many more...

Is this really what pinball community has become?

Some reputations are deserved some are not, some are blown out of all proportion. No offence here, what Steve knows technically about a machine wouldn't fit on a postage stamp.

Peoples expectations that machines that are getting on for 20-40 years old are always going to be minters at bargain prices are just stupid. If you want a mint machine, pay for a mint machine. They are mechanical and electronic devices with so many connectors, probably dry joints by now and in the case of older Bally machines, pull a connector off too hard and you'll actually pull the wires clean out fo the connector.

If you're a newb, buy the best condition machine you can, not just the bargain one as you're always going to have problems. I would hope the seller, whoever it may be will help with them but sometimes the sellers just don't know, most of them are collectors, not necessarily electronics engineers. Lower your sights or raise your pockets...

So before people go quoting sites and threads to peoples experiences of other people, I'm really not interested, I take people as I find them. I have met a good few of you on here now and I am very pleased to know nearly all of you.

If you have a gripe with someone, take it up with that someone and sort it out, lets keep the ONLY decent british pinball forum clean, civilised and most of all about PINBALL!!!!

Courtney xx

Its posts like this that cause it in my view, deliberately trying to state something TOTALLY irrelevant to the situation.

if you don't like what people say, add them to your ignore list, but just one thing I have to respond on:

Hey all,
the No Fear thread (anything to do with Steve Brum),

Some reputations are deserved some are not, some are blown out of all proportion. No offence here, what Steve knows technically about a machine wouldn't fit on a postage stamp.

Peoples expectations that machines that are getting on for 20-40 years old are always going to be minters at bargain prices are just stupid. If you want a mint machine, pay for a mint machine. They are mechanical and electronic devices with so many connectors, probably dry joints by now and in the case of older Bally machines, pull a connector off too hard and you'll actually pull the wires clean out fo the connector.

If you're a newb, buy the best condition machine you can, not just the bargain one as you're always going to have problems. I would hope the seller, whoever it may be will help with them but sometimes the sellers just don't know, most of them are collectors, not necessarily electronics engineers. Lower your sights or raise your pockets...

So before people go quoting sites and threads to peoples experiences of other people, I'm really not interested, I take people as I find them. I have met a good few of you on here now and I am very pleased to know nearly all of you.

If you have a gripe with someone, take it up with that someone and sort it out, lets keep the ONLY decent british pinball forum clean, civilised and most of all about PINBALL!!!!

Courtney xx

If someone advertises a machine as near mint with no problems, no matter if its 1 minute old, 1 week old or a freaking century old, then it better be like that. It doesn't matter how much they charge for it be it 1p, £1 or a million pounds, if it isn't they better sort it pronto, and if they do it repeatedly then they should be placed in the airlock. As a community we are here to look after each other not put up with shocking recurring behaviour.

If we want pinball to grow and stay mainstream and cool, one way we won't achieve that is by ripping newcomers off. I make no apologies for challenging anyone who has clearly ripped someone off as is the case here. If I was the admin of this board the individual would be banned as there is clearly a history of it and instead of apologising it and sorting it out, starts a yadda yadda about the price and how nothing is ever mint despite saying that it was.

lets take another example, the first machine I bought. The filter went on it about a month or so after I got it. the machine worked as it should and I had been playing it. the seller Chris B was all over me to help to get it fixed, despite having no reason to do so - if we all behave like that then we won't have to worry about posts like this one needing to be written.

Regards,
Neil.

Wtf? Stop deflecting Steve's antics as just bitchy people. He's been in the hobby for decades and should know better. I've seen little else of people having a go at others in here lately...

You're Steve's mate repairing and selling his stuff on Ebay, maybe to avoid his multiple negative feedback records being seen... who knows. The fact is, he's been doing this for years and people are sick of it. Posting something like this to try and widen 'the problem' to other culprits and targets is just bollox.

You're in danger of being dragged into his sh*t pile.

For anyone reading this not knowing what prompted Courtney's thread, this is the latest of Steve's games:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...sort-these-minor-i-hope-no-fear-issues.38835/

Hey all,

I am personally sick of this. Thread after thread all I see is people slagging other people off, being rude, insulting etc.

What the hell is going on?

The Xenon backglass thread, the No Fear thread (anything to do with Steve Brum), the Courtney Flush thread, and many many more...

Jesus another snowflake's been offended, do you need a safe space for a while? Seriously grow a set and man up.

Just because you fix Steve's machines for him doesn't give you the right to defend his actions when it goes pear shaped.

Lets look at some of the previous form:

Fruitemu forums: (i think this says it all)

upload_2018-2-2_10-15-35.png

Still using Fraudulent techniques to mail parts:

upload_2018-2-2_10-16-50.png

Banned from a Facebook group it seems:

upload_2018-2-2_10-17-34.png

upload_2018-2-2_10-18-4.png

Some from rec.games.pinball from 2007:

upload_2018-2-2_10-22-26.png

Another one from 2010:

upload_2018-2-2_10-24-29.png

I suppose all this is just a coincidence?

Jesus another snowflake's been offended, do you need a safe space for a while? Seriously grow a set and man up.

Just because you fix Steve's machines for him doesn't give you the right to defend his actions when it goes pear shaped.

Lets look at some of the previous form:

Fruitemu forums: (i think this says it all)

View attachment 58525

Still using Fraudulent techniques to mail parts:

View attachment 58526

Banned from a Facebook group it seems:

View attachment 58527

View attachment 58528

Some from rec.games.pinball from 2007:

View attachment 58529

Another one from 2010:

View attachment 58530

I suppose all this is just a coincidence?

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My solicitor will be looking at these threads very carefully. These people cannot hide behind a keyboard.

I'm not taking sides as quite frankly it's just immature now.
I will say that i haven't had many machines that have turned up fully working. These things have to be transported. Solders can break away, components can fall off and connectors can work loose. I wouldn't expect a brand new machine to turn up without having to adjust a few things myself.
New guys need to realise that they're old machines and may need work soon after purchase.
It should of been advertised as fully working at the time of purchase and should be seen/played before hand. That's the only way to cover your ass on it unfortunately. If you're not prepared to work on them, you shouldn't own them. Simple.

It wasn't all that long ago when i sold a machine to a newbie from eBay. Yes it was fully working when it left. He even played it fully working. It developed faults and when i refused a full refund he said he was going to bring his 'mates' round. These aren't gameboys people. Get your tools out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom