What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best pinball wax?

I've used Gerlitz for a long time and love it but I will be trying something new on the Wizard I'm doing up. Because of the touch up's and play field restoration I'm having to do I need something a bit more hard wearing than a few thin coats of Gerlitz and saw someone suggesting using a paste wax, then heating it with a heat gun/hair dryer then buffing out. Do that 2-3 times and it supposedly gives a really good finish. Obviously not as good as clearcoating and I've only seen it mentioned in relation to EM play fields but for my situation it could be perfect.

Wax geek !! :D

Thanks Paul. Do you find gerlitz takes absolutely ages to dry? Longest I've waited is 4 or 5 hours and it still wasn't totally dry which was surprising. I'll try it this weekend and leave it to dry 24 hours as per drds advice. I was just interested if everyone found this with gerlitz

Yes, it seems to take a while to dry but not 4 hours in my experience. How much are you putting on ? I'm no expert at waxing, I apply a thin film and leave. Then come back an hour later and buff it up, certainly brings a shine but are there any expert tips and advice on the list beyond what little it says on the tin ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, it seems to take a while to dry but not 4 hours in my experience. How much are you putting on ? I'm no expert at waxing, I apply a thin film and leave. Then come back an hour later and buff it up, certainly brings a shine but are there any expert tips and advice on the list beyond what little it says on the tin ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't put a thick coat on at all just a normal application all over, but it takes forever to dry, certainly not done in an hour for me. If it is totally dry you should be able to rub your finger over the wax and a clean streak appears, if not quite dry it will smudge.

How about reviving an old thread ! Can't find the Gerlitz no 1 in the uk . Anyone know where I can get it or have an alternative suggestion ?
Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom