What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best executed license?

SlamTilter

Registered
What's the best executed pinball license?

I think Williams did a very good job with ST-TNG, the sounds and music and speech really bring the show back to life.

What are other peoples favourites?

TAF by some way. my daughter loved the movie as a 6 year old and still does at 8.

the amount of quotes from the film are high and the swamp,vault,grave yard etc tie in perfectly.

Shadow.

Very faithful to the film shame it's such a crap film, excellent pin though.

STTNG is a very good use of licence, shame i didn't like the licence, but was well done!

STTNG is a very good use of licence, shame i didn't like the licence, but was well done!

I'd probably go with Shadow as well but just to be different how about Stargate......or Batman Forever?

It's a toss up between TAF and IJ for me. Excellent use of sounds/bits from the films in both machines. I felt the voice acting in STTNG was a little lame, personally.

Phil Dixon' date=' post: 1663450 said:
Well the film is a very good adaptation of about 6 shadow comics so a good execution of a good execution. Not a crap film at all if you truly know the Shadow. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111143/trivia [/quote]

....the Shadow knows....

Whilst not a raving Shadow fan I do have the pulps, the OTR shows, the crap filum and yes the pin. I agree that the film is faithful to the pulps but I'm afraid that doesn't exclude it from crappiness. I suppose this particular 1930s detective doesn't translate well to the modern cinema, not for me in any case.

From my youth TAF is the best execution. Not the best machine. Althought a lot of non-pinheads I know have very fond memories of T2! Best licence machine to play is a Stern! LotR. I love SM too but after 1/2 hr you can walk away, although you will run back the following week.

Rus121' date=' post: 1663617 said:
Taf would take it if it had the dcs sound system.....................

DCS sound system, phah

Get a Pinball Pro system in a taf and crank up the base. Starting multi ball you would swear that it has a shaker motor fitted. SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW TIME.

If you are in any way familiar with the Judge Dredd comics, then you will realise how clever and correct they have been with the pinball machine.

Artwork - great comic art. Sounds - Satirical & humorous. Features relate to storylines. Main deadworld toy & Judge Death wizard mode - brilliant!

Dredd gets my vote

highjon' date=' post: 1678170 said:
If you are in any way familiar with the Judge Dredd comics, then you will realise how clever and correct they have been with the pinball machine.

Artwork - great comic art. Sounds - Satirical & humorous. Features relate to storylines. Main deadworld toy & Judge Death wizard mode - brilliant!

Dredd gets my vote

Sounds like you are one of the 2000AD fan's, welcome aboard.
smile-1.png

bartron' date=' post: 1678254 said:
Judge Dredd is the greatest game ever made, ever
biggrin-1.png
:D:D

Never played it - feel I am missing out now;)

Back
Top Bottom