What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best cheap car/van for pin moving?

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
Looks like I'm getting pretty hooked and now thinking about adding to the vehicle fleet, just so I have the ability to collect and move pins. Looking for recommendations based on what you guys have found the best?

Foolishly I lent my girlfriend my Mini Cooper and she loves it - was hoping to trade it in, but I don't think she will be happy driving around in a fiat multipla :) So, that means car number 4!

20yr old volvo v70 aka classic estate, the antique dealers' favourite

Are you buying a car anyway? If it’s specifically to move pins I wouldn’t bother really. The cost of even a ****box with insurance etc isn’t worth it when you can rent a van for the day for £65 or use the hourly van shares for less. Then for longer distance collections Martin can’t be beaten at £80odd. Also means getting the machine in and out is easy and you don’t have to worry about damaging your car. Of course if you are buying a car anyway and collection ability is just another tick in the box then that makes more sense unless you plan to switch several pins every week...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Honda jazz fits all folded down dmd games with the exception of Gottlieb sys 3 but most of them aren't good so no biggie, you just slide the head down or take it off

Yeah, Honda Jazz, could be a good swap for the mini cooper........... thanks, guys....

Or, do I just use this infamous Martin guy - we'll see.

In the back of my mind somewhere I have a dream of a pinball parlour in Leeds being created.........oh ****.......:)

Last edited:
Yeah, Honda Jazz, could be a good swap for the mini cooper........... thanks, guys....

Or, do I just use this infamous Martin guy - we'll see.

Im the back of my mid somewhere I have a dream of a pinball parlour in Leeds being created.........oh ****.......:)
Have you visited TILT in Birmingham? If not, you should.

Also worth noting Martin is based around Rotherham, so not too far away.

Jazz owner here, fits pins so well has room for a sack barrow in the back with it too!

Have you visited TILT in Birmingham? If not, you should.

Also worth noting Martin is based around Rotherham, so not too far away.

Thanks yes, I do plan to visit TILT and ELECTRIC CIRCUS and SPECIAL WHEN LIT and ARCADE CLUB - and, any others I can find...could be a good reason to holiday in the UK instead of abroad...

Honda Jazz owner here as well, shifts all my pins with no issues, including wide body games

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a vectra Estate which fitted any pins I have had but now got a Zafira for the extra seats should easily fit any pin I would think?

I reckon you could get 2 in a Fiat Multipla too but I never got to try it.

a multipla with all the seats out except the drivers,would probably fit 3 in!,used to love ours when we had it and moved,countless pins/arcade cabs/furniture in it,before it got wrote off,by some twat crashing into it when it was parked on the side of the road:mad:

Shame it looks so freaking ugly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiat Doblo. Cheap and is basically a van with windows. Had the van version and good little car. Also cheap....find one with mobility acces and migt have a wheelchair lift........plus stereo you can tune with your feet!

Probably not what your looking for but Arnold Clark have 50% off van rental in January will rent a transit for a day for £30 or a tail lift for £60.
I think there's a £100 deposit for fuel but you should get that back, think it also includes insurance?
(Might be other charges???)

https://www.arnoldclarkrental.com/van-hire

I use my own car, I've Land rover discovery 3 and plenty of room, has air suspension so can sit it on it's **** to make it easier to load

Just a quick update (don't know if anyone's interested?)
Arnold Clark van rental
Luton with tail lift (god send for multiple pins) £60 for the day, inc insurance you can do up to 250 miles then 10p per mile, comes with a full tank must go back with a full tank, I opted to add the £14 additional insurance waiver (brings it down to nothing excess from £750 excess)
Overall a great experience got a newish ford luton with about 7500 miles on it, had it from just after 8am till 5.30pm would probably use again for multiple items or if in a rush, but just reminds me of what great value and great service offered by Martin the deliveryman door to door for about £85-90?
IMG_7231.JPG

Back
Top Bottom