What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best adhesive for metal to playfield?

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
Hi all,

I've had my Iron Maiden a little while now and it came with a factory fix to stop air balls from the ramp that hit the target up the back denting the playfield when they drop back down (It's a pro).

I had to pull this metal piece off the other day as the adhesive was giving out and balls were starting to wedge themselves under the metal piece.

I want to re-apply the piece to the playfield with new adhesive (ideally stronger stuff if possible). Any recommendations?

Thanks.

JB Weld is a good product, not sure it's correct for what you need it for, but it's a great epoxy.

Reactions: JT.
JB Weld is a good product, not sure it's correct for what you need it for, but it's a great epoxy.
'Original JB Weld' is fantastic stuff for all sorts of applications. It was originally designed for metal repair, dries grey, and has properties (temp resistance mainly) which make it great for metal applications, but it's still great for other applications too.

Hard to advise from just the description, though - I'm guessing some sort of Epoxy, but really need a photo to be sure.

'Original JB Weld' is fantastic stuff for all sorts of applications. It was originally designed for metal repair, dries grey, and has properties (temp resistance mainly) which make it great for metal applications, but it's still great for other applications too.

Hard to advise from just the description, though - I'm guessing some sort of Epoxy, but really need a photo to be sure.

Found a video of someone else who installed one, this is the piece of metal:

Don't use JB weld on the playfield. Remove all the adhesive (Orange power or similar) and then apply this stuff:

It has some sort of stuff like that already but it didn't hold, but that looks good I may give it a try.

467MP is the stuff that I've always used with no issues and good performance (mainly for re-applying ramp decals) it's really strong, make sure the playfield is really clean in that area as well as the underside of the metal prior to application

467MP is the stuff that I've always used with no issues and good performance (mainly for re-applying ramp decals) it's really strong, make sure the playfield is really clean in that area as well as the underside of the metal prior to application

Been waiting for this to come back in stock @mufcmufc for over a week but no dice with Amazon.

Been googling to see if I can find it elsewhere but no dice either (places want £5 for the roll of tape then £15 to ship it!).

Just wondering if this is a suitable alternative and I can cut it to the right shape? https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-467MP-Adhesive-Transfer-Sheet/dp/B00G96N26S

This looks like a great product. Is it basically a high performance double-sided sticky tape?

It's quite thin and transparent, most use it for re-applying ramp decals, but yes it is fairly strong as well

Reactions: JT.
Back
Top Bottom