What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Been Busy This Weekend! - IJ Shop Log

Steve

Registered
I sold my IJ a while back and regretted it ever since, so snapped up Russ's one when it came up for sale. Spent the weekend doing a cabinet refurb and re-decal.
Playfield has gone to Heinrik at Pinball-Dreams for the full treatment.

IMG_1780.jpg IMG_1783.jpg IMG_1784.jpg IMG_1788.jpg IMG_1789.jpg IMG_1791.jpg IMG_1795.jpg

Last edited:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing looks better than a freshly decalled cab.

Wow. Hopefully my IJ will arrive this week and you have just set the bar so high I can't see it.
Good work.

Thanks for the kind comments, chaps. Not everyone's cup of tea but I love restoring these machines and giving them a new lease of life. Should be good for another 20 years of use after this!

what's going on in that 4th picture where you're using some clever technique to get the side decals on nicely?

what's going on in that 4th picture where you're using some clever technique to get the side decals on nicely?

I took the picture halfway through, that's just the backing paper holding the decal up. I prefer the dry method as there's no mess and the wood doesn't get wet.

I took the picture halfway through, that's just the backing paper holding the decal up. I prefer the dry method as there's no mess and the wood doesn't get wet.

+1 I'm with you all the way on that one.

More work done this weekend, the wooden side rails were looking a bit shabby so I made new ones. Had the wood cut to size locally using American hard wood and then covered with black Fablon as per originals and they look great!
Everything is now polished or replaced and just waiting for the playfield.
IMG_1889.jpgIMG_1890.jpgIMG_1891.JPGIMG_1892.jpgIMG_1893.jpg

Ow, I have come over a little faint.
That looks amazing, this is going to be a real stunner. Good work, have you had to replace any parts so far? Where did you get the instruction cards?
I know sources for these things but have not been overly impressed so far with some inferior goods. :)

Cal, that makes yours look like a poor relation. the benchmark has been set, and it's waaaay up high.

nice going Steve, you are making a thing of beauty

Ow, I have come over a little faint.
That looks amazing, this is going to be a real stunner. Good work, have you had to replace any parts so far? Where did you get the instruction cards?
I know sources for these things but have not been overly impressed so far with some inferior goods. :)

A couple of boards which had heat damage, plastics, some coils, legs, door, side rails, lockdown bar, speaker panel, that's about it. Everything else has been tumbled within an inch of it's life and cleaned.
The wire forms are at the platers being 24ct. gold plated, and all the stainless parts are being mirror-polished. Instructions cards were printed from here:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm

Got the ramps back from the platers, they look amazing in 24ct. gold plate. I had the gun done as well but the finish is a bit disappointing so it may not get used.
IMG_1909.JPG

That looks amazing. How well goes gold stand up to pinball abuse? 24ct should be pretty strong for home use.
This machine will be OEM++.

Gun arrived from Pinball Decals, very nice finish/quality and it matches the rails and legs:

IMG_1954.JPG

I saw the parts and build up for this IJ yesterday and the pictures do not do it justice. Steve has an eye for detail and is building a machine that Williams didn't have the time and money to build.
It will be a thing of beauty but built to be played too.

Got home to find the playfield from Henrik at Pinball Dreams had arrived. What can I say, absolutely perfect! I cannot fault the workmanship, it's stunning. It's so good I had to look at the 'before' pics to see what he has done as the refurb work is so subtle. can't wait to start putting it back together.IMG_2031.jpgIMG_2032.jpgIMG_2035.jpgIMG_2037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom