What's new

BBB will be remade. Confirmation.

Replay

Site Supporter
More of a shock that TOM will be remade.

What are the boys in Brighton going to do when a ton of TOMR's hit the UK? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Best 5th Nov ever?;)

'All ... a little clarification ... we have at least 7 (MM, AFM, and at least 5 more) remakes coming, all are products of Chicago Gaming, and licensed thru Planetary Pinball. PPS is in constant contact with CGC on the games in development, we provide the approvals, as well as the blueprints, some parts, and review feature sets/pricing. But in general, the games are Chicago Gaming product (product support, warranty, etc), and of course we spend alot of time feeding them with input, highlighting any issues, etc - all to try to make the best game possible. PPS also happens to be one if not the largest remake game distributor. What I can tell you is that in the list of likely remakes are CC, MB, TOM, BBB ... that list may change as other games become more interesting to add in based on desirability, etc. We also have the source code for these games, so any deficiencies in the original code could be addressed with a couple of different approaches. Each game is getting new core features (like the Large Color display in AFMR) that will be incorporated into future releases, and game #3 will have additional features as well.

We are really happy with the progress on game #3 and we think people will be happy with the end result. More on this when it is time, which is not too far away!'

rick

What I can tell you is that in the list of likely remakes are CC, MB, TOM, BBB ... that list may change as other games become more interesting to add in based on desirability, etc.

I don't get how someone saying it is "likely" confirms it, he also in the same breath says that the list may well change based on desirability. I'll wait until I see one.

Well, Rick is Planetary Pinball so whilst nothing is ever 100%, these titles are pretty likely to be made.....

He has in other posts confirmed BBB will be re-made but as with all pinball manufacturers, until a game is being produced there are many risks.

He’s talked a lot about BBB but there is a lack of certainty around the rights on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also if I was CGC I’d be annoyed that someone was leaking my product strategy! I can see me owning all of them so far MB and ToM I’ll flog my originals to get the remake such is the quality of them!

that is great news looking to get an original mb, hope a few replace theirs

Not played any of the remakes, but looking forward to trying our AFMr when it arrives somewhere near me!
I've never 'got' the hype around BBB - it's an interesting story, but as an actual game from what I've played of it, it didn't actually seem all that special - not awful, but amazing either...

@Neil McRae - No TAF in that list which was always your prediction. Still might though.

Hence why I’m chilled in what Rick is saying - I’m still betting on it - still loads of people with bad taste who will buy it :) might not be the next one but I think definitely before the fifth one!

Never played BBB, is it actually any good or just desirable because it's as rare as rocking horse sh*t?

Army personnel need not reply. :)

Interested that Cactus Canyon may be remade. It seems to fall into the same category as BBB in that it is mainly interesting because it is rare.

But is there huge pent-up demand for Cactus Canyon? I doubt it, as in its unfinished state it is quite uninteresting, and not exactly a great game

With the Continued software it is great, but there are not many of those either. Would have thought there would be much more demand, and therefore potential sales, for a MB and ToM: a lot of pinball folk who have played them, enjoyed them, and lust after them.

BBB is surprising also. It has this almost sacred status for collectors, but if its not rare any more then what's the attraction for collectors? Joe public has probably never heard of it or never played it.

Twilight bone dead with boredom, the Addams foolery and poopeye are on the list too lol

Interested that Cactus Canyon may be remade. It seems to fall into the same category as BBB in that it is mainly interesting because it is rare.

But is there huge pent-up demand for Cactus Canyon? I doubt it, as in its unfinished state it is quite uninteresting, and not exactly a great game

With the Continued software it is great, but there are not many of those either. Would have thought there would be much more demand, and therefore potential sales, for a MB and ToM: a lot of pinball folk who have played them, enjoyed them, and lust after them.

BBB is surprising also. It has this almost sacred status for collectors, but if its not rare any more then what's the attraction for collectors? Joe public has probably never heard of it or never played it.

I tend to agree on CC Paul - and MB the most likely target but Mind you I look at AFMR and there wasn’t exactly a huge outcry for that game and it’s sold like hot cakes.

CC is interesting as it would require more work to get it completed - the incremental cost would be higher as you have to assume they would have to finish the code or at least add a finished code mode - hopefully a deal could be done with Eric. But given they have a fantastic emulation platform and clearly a strong supply chain for parts I believe anything is possible from CGC that’s why I think even games with licenses could be done. CGC need games that sell themselves more than low cost games as the costss are pretty much the same with CC the notable exception. Oh and clearly games with licenses but I think they can shift enough to put a premium on the price for that.

Neil

I’m pretty sure the buzz is CC remake, with Planetary in talks with the creator of CCC.

I remember a post back on pin side that Rick had been in contact regarding the use of PP rights in the software.

Back
Top Bottom