What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Battleground by Alca arcade machine

Steve Arnold

Registered
IMG_4649.JPG IMG_4650.JPG IMG_4653.JPG Hi, I have for sale an unusual black and white arcade tank machine called Battleground made by Alca. All complete but untested and in good condition.

Looking for a quick sale £180 no offeres.
Located in Bedfordshire.
Sg19.

Thanks

This has been stored for over 20 years at an operators wharehouse. It will need checking over before even considering powering up. I don't repair machine and this came in a job lot of other stuff.
It actually cost me £250 so just trying to get some money back.

Thanks.

Without checking the power supplies for correct voltages you could harm the pcbs and possibly the tv.
This is a project machine.

Not sure many people would just switch on a pinball if it had sat for 20 years without unplugging pcbs and checking voltages.
This will need some work I'm sure so it will be a project.

Plug it in man!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: DRD
Plug it in dude. Film it. If it all goes tits up you'll make your money back in YouTube views.

Reactions: DRD
I find it hard to believe he hasn't already switched it on. Nobody is that much of a wuss. So lets just assume 'tested and fooked'.

I do not know the OP. So I am sincerely sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick here.

But this post stinks to high heaven. Everyone is saying plug it in. But the OP has some story as to why this is a bad idea.

Life is too short for nonsense like this.

Ffs guys, talk about a welcome to pinball info :sad: This is a 70's arcade game built to electrical safety standards of the time, there's a reasonable fire risk associated with "just turning it on". As a bare minimum I'd want to disconnect any boards from the PSU and test voltages on that before giving juice to the rest of the game.

The OP has said he wants a quick sale and it's £180! I suspect he doesn't want to have to do anything with this other than move it on and any potential buyer should assume it's f*cked anyway, a game of this age and condition.

Maybe the OP is trying to hide something or maybe he's not. Perhaps giving him the benefit of the doubt would be a nicer start than jumping all over his for sale thread (also not cool and something I've said before on on here). This place gets more like f*cking Pinside every day :tut:

Calm down guys, I've been a videogame collector for 18+ years

I would never plug in an untested game (and would not advise anyone else to do so either) without disconnecting the boards and testing the psu voltages.

I have an almost identical machine (different game), when I powered it up (with the boards disconnected) it was putting out 12v on the 5v line as the ancient regulator had shorted. That would have been fairly damaging to everything had I just plugged it in.

£180 is a premium LED set for a pinball machine

Thanks for the words guys. I often pick up machines from operators and keep what I want and other just sell on. As Luke wells has mentioned voltages can increase dramatically and fry things. This is genuinely untested by myself and being sold as is.

I can't be any more honest than that.

Luke I will send you a pm as I may need a few pcbs repaired.

Thanks,
Steve

Back
Top Bottom