What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batteries !! :( ....again

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
I know this has been discussed several times but you can never be reminded too often.

CHECK YOUR BATTERIES

Had a day of tinkering/sorting out little issues yesterday - discovered a Duracell had leaked in Tommy .Now thankfully most of my games have remote holders installed so not a disaster but annoying all the same.

That is the last Duracell in any of my games, I swore before I would remove them all but had left these in - the only batteries I have had leaking in last few years have been bloody Duracells :mad:

I now only use Energizer Ultimate Lithiums

Yup, had this a few months ago on my T2. Thought I had better check it as the batteries still worked fine but had leaked into the holder and crusted up everything. New holder fitted and lithiums in place. Cost me £4 rather than hundreds.

Also promptly bought 2 NVRAMs for my 2 whitestar games from @lukewells as those boards are a tad more expensive.

I've got a nice shiny NVRAM to fit in R&B when I finally get it rebuilt.

Well worth reminding people though.

Get a supercapacitor, make whatever adjustment required for your board to also charge the battery (in this case, the capacitor) and call it a day.
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=1305065&CMP=i-bf9f-00001000

Note: I will reluctantly concede that these are not the best option for those with a larger count of pinball tables, or tables that are likely to sit for months on end but you still want to keep the scores.
Sporadic play even once a week is enough to keep this bad boy puttering along just fine. And if it goes flat... so what. Capacitors go flat just fine... see you in twenty years when it may be starting to get a bit weaker!

I had some pretty new Duracell's leak in my Transporter the Rescue a few weeks ago. Thankfully I caught it before anything major hit the board but it still needs some minor work to neutralise and clean :mad:

Back
Top Bottom