What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batman TDK rules?

cooldan

i like pizza
Hi there folks. I have a BTDK incoming and have watched the Bowen video but would also like to see a text document if there is one.
I scoured the web and all I found was the Pinball News write up based on early code. Has anyone written one? There's nothing at PAPA either so there's an incentive for someone willing to do the job if, as I suspect, there isn't one available.
Thank you

Also ask @chris b he has had a lot of time with TDK.
This in also on my radar think it's the next pin for me.

BMTDK is a great game, one of my favourites :clap:. I never really understood all the rules when I had mine (I rarely understand all the pin rules tbh), but that PAPA tutorial was good.

@cooldan you could always have a go at writing some once you get it and have played it a bit? (I looked a while ago and could only find what you have found already.)
The question is will @cooldan have it long enough to get his gonky noggin around the rules ;-) He is fast turning into the 2015 @Will :-D

Bowen's video is very good for understanding the batmobile hurry up shot, and also about bat signal challenge, IIRC. But I know that there are 3 levels of each multiball (so scarecrow 1, joker 1, scarecrow 2, etc) and I was told that it's good to stack scarecrow 2 with Joker 1. I can't remember who said it or why, expect it's the best option for risk vs reward. And I haven't found anything in writing that confirms what you need to do to get each of the characters on the playfield and what happens if you do - only that it's unlikely due to the ridiculous number of centre ramp shots you need to collect Lucius Fox. Feel free to correct any mistakes i've made here...

/sigh.

my gonky noggin is already tiring of this, but i may indeed end up trying to put something together in a word file, even if it's just for others to laugh at. i posted this same request in Pinside, and the heavy throng of detailed responses crashed the website. but first i will contact the German dude who did the Sopranos rulesheet that i helped him translate and we got uploaded to PAPA. i bet there's still quite a few games, even modern ones, with no rulesheets available except a very long one with loads and loads of pics and based on very early code frm Martin's site, but those never get updated even when thecode does, so they're not ideal for a quick browse on 'is there a skillshot?', and 'how do i get multiball easiest?' or 'how do i get an EB?' which are my three basic commonest questions on any game.

"Batman TDK rules?" it's an OK game, no way I would say it rules though.
well, since it arrived yesterday i haven't been able to prise myself off it, i'm finding it absolutely fan-bloody-tastic. played about 4 hours non-stop yesterday, had food, then 2 hours more.

i've been scouring the net for rules from review sites and virtual game sites and all the usual databases. resources i know about are this Bowen video (though i vastly prefer this vertical-only vimeo version) and this typically detailed PBN writeup based on early and incomplete code. then yesterday fortunately i also found this readme file in the Stern code update pages (referred to as the 'Dark Night :eek:') which fleshed out some details. i recommend reading it from the bottom up, to see what changed to what and why as they progressed to v2.94 (file attached cos i'm helpful like that); this useful Pinside post was also a bonus to discover. lastly, i also contacted the guy Michael Spiegel who had written a Sopranos rulesheet for his flippermarkt.de forum in German, i helped him translate it and it got uploaded (here) - and he says he has also written a German rules sheet for BTDK and may or may not have time to start the translation and between us we could do that too.

but i have most of what i need now. it's a wicked game, but the key to big scores (just like SM) is definitely getting those shot multipliers. and yes, my shift key is broken - or anyway, i'm too lazy to capitalise the start of sentences or the one-letter-word-meaning-'me', i only bother with proper nouns. terrible habit i agree but meh.

Attachments

• BATreadme.txt
    13.6 KB · Views: 10
ok so i did it, and will get this added to the PAPA site after i get some feedback, in case anythink needs altering or correcting.

@Kate Morris @carl lawrence @alchy @chris b @JT.

edit: updated version attached, this has been submitted to PAPA now
(submit to papa? sounds a bit creepy)

Attachments

• Batman The Dark Knight Rulesheet (English).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Really fantastic write up Dan, good work!! I had one here for a bit and before it went away again I took the glass off and scribbled down some stuff (and wanted to know what happens when you get to Gotham City!). Only a couple of things I would add - under Joker multiball you say this "Each subsequent multiball you need to hit the drop target more times to light lock. " - That's the same for the scarecrow attack too, the first time you only need to hit the scoop once and then it's lit - after that it's more times. Also with the scarecrow, you mention this in the Bat Signal Multiball section - "The difficult part here is that Jackpots in the Scarecrow hole are not counted until about 5seconds of no top lane or bumper switches, and if one of those switches are hit, the Scarecrow hole just spits the ball out...... so you may have to catch the balls and wait." - that's also the same when trying to start the scarecrow attack - it doesn't count if it falls into the hole from the pop bumpers, it must be a clean shot to the scoop.

Looks lIe we have found the Pinball Info rule guru.
Nice work buddy. Just need to get me a BDK now.

Back
Top Bottom