What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Batman forever sega

H2oman

Registered
Alias
Justjeroen
The renovation project is started. After I received all materials from Paul (@Asiapinball). I will certainly reach out to the community when I have question or need advice 😀. Here the first pics. Someone cut all the wires so I am repairing them.

Attachments

• 53AD461D-FDF2-49C2-A703-5B1EC7B50FBE.jpeg
    53AD461D-FDF2-49C2-A703-5B1EC7B50FBE.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 36E5BC15-B218-4A76-9329-C76617B0CAC6.jpeg
    36E5BC15-B218-4A76-9329-C76617B0CAC6.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 35
This is also for me a big stick (I do not know if this is correct English ). In Dutch the expression is “a stick behind the door”. Now I need to make progress because you all are watching. I will keep you posted for now a lot of welding and a bit cleaning 🤪

Jeroen,

You might just want to hold off on soldering those wires back together because I just found something for you. I will get it in the post to you tomorrow so you should have it before next weekend.

No charge. My gift to you and another stick behind the door.

Paul

Attachments

• 20220327_170736.jpg
    20220327_170736.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 25
It depends how bad it is. Data east and sega used particle board for the back of the backboxes and when it gets wet it swells up or disintegrates and loses structural integrity. The sides top and bottom are plywood so don't usually get same problem. If it is still structurally OK then I would sand clean up and use satin black spray to finish. I prefer to keep as original as possible. If the back board is breaking down or feels springy and has lost structural integrity then best to replace. It should easily tap out, clean up edges of remaining cabinet with chisel or re-route if you have a router then plenty of wood glue and pin nails to secure new backing wood.

Hopefully it isn't too bad.

The green looks like battery leakage and if it is that needs to be thoroughly cleaned off including all that is on the metal backing plate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I agree with you to keep as original as possible. I already cleaned the steel backplate. The back board is all expand due to the moist, so you see that. I can replace this board but I would like to apply the warning text. Do you know if this a sticker or is this a silkscreen. Rg

It is silkscreened. I don't know if there are any stencils available for this - the Williams WPC ones are available at pinballcenter for Euro80, but I dont recall seeing a data east / sega stencil ever.

I decided to first built the total pinball machine so I know for sure that it is operational and the look at the cosmetics. I will have more days off the coming period, so stay tuned

It is starting to look like a pinball machine again. Only three connectors which I do not know where to put. Something for next time 😀

Attachments

• 3DD3A9D7-9C75-424E-AE11-C3454D1C368D.jpeg
    3DD3A9D7-9C75-424E-AE11-C3454D1C368D.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 16
It is starting to look like a pinball machine again. Only three connectors which I do not know where to put. Something for next time 😀
Idc with 3 pins is display controller power. 4 pin connector is display power. 7 pin idc I think is speakers but not 100 percent certain can check for you in morning. Progress.

Back
Top Bottom