What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barry O's BBQ Challenge - American Pinball

KendarTheOrc

Site Supporter
Alias
Charlie
American Pinball seem to have just announced their latest game, "Barry O's BBQ Challenge"

Well now...

Attachments

• a0youcannotbeserious_a_orange.jpeg
    a0youcannotbeserious_a_orange.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 25
From the same company that brought you aliens stealing cows for ice cream, surely not!

Anybody know of a longer pinball title than “Barry O’s Barbecue Challenge: Hot Sauce and Hot Rods”?

Anybody know of a longer pinball title than “Barry O’s Barbecue Challenge: Hot Sauce and Hot Rods”?
Closest I could see on pinside was

THE ADVENTURES OF ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE AND FRIENDS

Just to put a bit of meat on the bone here . . . 😬🐂

Barry Oursler sadly passed away during the production of this game. AP decided to carry on working with this title and finish it off with some of the proceeds going to Barry's family.

I think it's fair to say that they've concentrated far more on their next release which is licenced but wanted to finish Barry's final piece of work as a homage to him.

About Barry O's BBQ Challenge​

Overview​

American Pinball is proud to announce Barry Oursler's final all-new design, commemorating his illustrious 46-year career in game design. In honor of Barry, we're excited to introduce ‘Barry O’s BBQ Challenge’ - a pinball adventure that captures the essence of summer fun and embodies the spirit of neighborhood BBQ Festivals across America. Available in two delectable editions - Limited and Classic - each game is seasoned to perfection, ready to become the centerpiece of your collection. Commemorating Barry's legacy, the royalties from 'Barry O's BBQ Challenge' will be directed to his estate, supporting his family and continuing his impactful contribution to the world of pinball.

Story & Setting​

Crafted with the durability of the finest smokers and featuring vibrant animations, 'Barry O’s BBQ Challenge' promises endless entertainment and joy. This game is a tribute not just to Barry's legacy in pinball design but also to the rich culture of barbecue, making it an essential addition for both pinball enthusiasts and barbecue aficionados.

The development of 'Barry O’s BBQ Challenge' represents a collaborative effort that merges the expertise of seasoned professionals and innovative talents. Steven Bowden spearheaded the creation of the game's complex rules, while Joel Schober and Casey Butler being instrumental in software and engineering and guaranteeing a responsive and engaging gameplay. David Thiel elevated the game's auditory landscape through meticulous sound engineering and the composition of a festive theme soundtrack, complemented by Matt Kern's authentic voice production and his skill at finding amazing voice talent.

Contributions from Steve Bowden, Dennis Nordman and Ryan McQuaid in design assistance played a vital role in refining the game's playfield, creating a compelling and immersive experience. The visual and interactive elements of the game were brought to life under the art direction of Jack Haeger, with Dan Hughes providing the artwork, and animations crafted by Jessica Durbala and Bobby Llereza. The mechanical integrity and design, managed by Zofia Ryan and Mitesh Pithva, along with Benjamin Kibler's project management, ensured the game's seamless operation. Through this collective expertise, 'Barry O’s BBQ Challenge' not only pays homage to Barry Oursler's remarkable legacy but also captures the essence of pinball.

Looks terrible from that pic , huge bobble head of Barry O driving a hot rod… that’s exactly what I was missing in my line up , thanks AP.
Also I am vegetarian so a double fail , not enjoyed a BBQ in years 😂
BBQ and hot rod’s seriously what the actual hell
On the plus side it’s another pinball in the world. That no one in the Uk is gonna buy 😂

I love American pinball approaching original themes rather than chasing licences. Having borrowed Houdini for a couple of months I really enjoyed it. This though from looking at the sales flyer is a no toys 1970s early 80 design, it does absolutely nothing for me. Personally most of the pre 90s games I find an absolute snooze fest. (Ducks for the snipper shots 😄)

Thanks il take a look

Well that explains the design..

🤷‍♀️

Not my thing at All, but one man's pinball is another man's pain

Personally technology has moved the game forward, I don't need the Tomy experience

More info here, strange they felt every picture had to include a pinball in it, wonder if they used bluetack!

What we need is the designs of Spooky with the build of AP. They really need a killer game at this point.
Was thinking the same only why didn’t the team of PF goto American Pinball before CGC got dibbs.
It would have awesome build quality and out a year or two before CGC start to deliver 😜

I get the sentiment but really… is this what started out as ‘food truck’?

Next up is David fix’s garden tidy adventure..

Last edited:
David Fix's Garden Tidy Adventure

'So much fun it will MOW down the competition..'

Featuring:

2 flippers, 2 slingshots, 3 pop bumpers and 2 (optional) spinners

- Tidy the shed hurry up
- Lawnmower multiball
- Sweep the path combos
- Cut the hedge challenge mode

and more...

Last edited:
Back