What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bargains can still be had!

Stupid good price. That's not even in my wheelhouse, that's an actual money maker. Low mold, mostly complete... too many Instagram angles and no pictures of the madness that could be laying in the backbox. But I'd have taken the chance.

that doesn't look cheap to me - it looks like a money pit. :rofl:

that doesn't look cheap to me - it looks like a money pit. :rofl:

At 250 ....you'd be quids in. Even if you needed to throw £750 at it ....which would be highly unlikely. Unless several entire boards were missing/fubar. Unlikely.

Besides it's not always about the money - though obvs is a factor, people love a project - I know I do :)

Believe me I know money pits, I love them because I have more time and motivation than I have money. They're the only route I have into ownership at all!

Also, the seller ventures the assurance that the game 'plays' but no display... which implies all boards present, with the sole possible exception of the display board being missing, and it being a bit of black cardboard where the DMD is... yeah that's not gonna happen

Right guys the full story!

I found it as soon as it was listed and scrambled like a girly to hit the bin tab! Managed that and contacted the seller, we exchanged a few messages and I get collection address etc, all is well at this point

Then I get a message at 1.30am! saying this-

Hi Ronnie. I have made a big mistake with the price it was supposed to be on for £550 because there worth around £1000 in this condition an I was halving it for a quick sale for but typed price in rong. I am selling it for a friend who needs the money to buy thing for her and her kids as she is moving and needs to furniture, I now it's not your fault but I would rather get bad feed back and an ebay ban or watever the consiquence than let her down.i am realy sorry but I will have to cancel this sale later today and relist it to try and get more money for her. So sorry to let you down I wouldn't normally do this. I can't apologize enough.

So I'm thinking this is still a bargain but will the price keep going up! I messaged him saying I will pay the 550 then I phoned the female owner and tell her I will stump up the extra cash. All seems good but I have to BT the cash to them! I did so and held my breath until Martin swooped in and collected it for me Phew! Martin is my knight in shining armour

Discuss? What would have others done in my situation ?

Ronnie

Yeah, because people regularly fat-finger in cash amounts all of the time, especially when they're thinking of four-figure sums. Of course.

I call bull****

ESPECIALLY after arranging collection and exchanging messages. Naaaah. He's only just now decided to look at what pins go for now.

At 550... I don't know, it's a tossup. I'm not a massive mega-fan of Flintstones as a game so I'd be starting to be worried about what's in the backbox - and what needs replaced.

Hi Ronnie. I have made a big mistake with the price it was supposed to be on for £550 because there worth around £1000 in this condition an I was halving it for a quick sale for but typed price in rong. I am selling it for a friend who needs the money to buy thing for her and her kids as she is moving and needs to furniture, I now it's not your fault but I would rather get bad feed back and an ebay ban or watever the consiquence than let her down.i am realy sorry but I will have to cancel this sale later today and relist it to try and get more money for her. So sorry to let you down I wouldn't normally do this. I can't apologize enough.

Standard "i didn't really think about the price until the flurry of activity and i realised and should have asked a bit more so decided to come up with a sob story to get more money"

Personally.. call me hard but i dont believe a word of it. I would have said "Sorry - ebay says these things are legally binding (even though thats dubious at best) so i would be expecting at the pre-arranged price..."

Sounds like ******** to me. I'd have walked away purely because they changed the deal after a price was agreed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah he def realised he had seriously underpriced it. Annoying but you are lucky he didn't then ask more tbh - it would of gone 1k+ if auctioned I'm sure, the usual project feed frenzy!

No brainer at that price, bit of work, some expense yes, but nothing to worry about.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yeah, because people regularly fat-finger in cash amounts all of the time, especially when they're thinking of four-figure sums. Of course.

I call bull****

ESPECIALLY after arranging collection and exchanging messages. Naaaah. He's only just now decided to look at what pins go for now.

At 550... I don't know, it's a tossup. I'm not a massive mega-fan of Flintstones as a game so I'd be starting to be worried about what's in the backbox - and what needs replaced.

Yes I know it's a an unknown at the moment, both he a she said it was playable but DMD out, I have a spare DMD and driver board so nor worried about that, only concern for me would be battery leak! But price wise I'm happy it looks in decent nick but I won't see it for a few weeks yet

Some of it is true the woman is moving house, pin belonged to ex partner, ebay seller is the new man! Woman tells ex partner we moving what about your pin? He says get rid of it! New man sees £££ signs! Although I paid the cash into her bank acc!

For me it's a no brainer even if it is a flinstones! Will sit nicely beside my Popeye! Then I will probably trade it for a TAF:clap:

It could well be that they mistyped the price, it could also be that after receiving numerous messages they realised they could get more. Either way at least they had the decency to get in touch and offer some kind of explanation.
If you're happy with what you paid for it in the end that's all that matters, it's irrelevant what the starting price was.

It reminds me of when I bought the Midlands tea urn off eBay. At the time there were 3 or 4 up for auction, which must have been why I managed to grab a NIB for £10 with free postage. A day after I'd 'won' the seller contacts me to tell me that the postage would come to £10.50 and hadn't realised beforehand. I could hardly force him to send it to me at an overall loss to him, so offered to pay for the postage - but only once it had arrived with me. I honestly didn't expect to see it, but a few days later it turned up (with a postage value of £10.50). I sent him the money straight away. With so many horror stories about people being scammed it's good to know that there are still people who hold true to their word, if shown a little trust.

Good luck and I hope it comes in a decent enough condition that you can do something with it without it costing an arm and a leg. I think the likelihood is that they haven't a clue about pinball, otherwise they wouldn't have listed it below £1000, and it may in fact 'just be a fuse'. :p

I'd have taken a punt at £550 tbh - it's a project, I could have collected that night with cash in my hand and stuck it in the shed until done, think you got a good deal @ronnie63 - but I love a project... saves speaking with the wife :p

Well done and made a great read, thanks for the honesty.

I'd have taken a punt at £550 tbh - it's a project, I could have collected that night with cash in my hand and stuck it in the shed until done, think you got a good deal @ronnie63 - but I love a project... saves speaking with the wife :p

Well done and made a great read, thanks for the honesty.

No probs, it's good to share what can be had, these days with prices what they are anything cheap is worth grabbing, I have paid same or more for worse!

£500 LW3 well knackered! But did restore well after many many hours days weeks!
£850 Popeye with roached CPU board! and needing the usual stuff done GI connectors etc....

I told you it was a money pit... :)

Total BS on the price though.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I never really understand the need to even spiel out a big story.... See it all the time on EBay, this Ark of The Covenant is really rare and amazing I'm only selling because blah blah blah etc

If anything it puts me off and alarm bells ring if a backstory is felt necessary.

Who cares why they are selling ? Pictures, description, price. It's not difficult.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I'd have paid 550. Love Flintstones and there's no way you'd lose any money on it flipping it

I think you have done well there to get it at 550. I would put money on some jealous twat emailing to say it is worth this amount, just because they missed out on it.
That was good about Martin.
I think projects are great. What's a decent flintsones going for at moment. About 1800quid.
So even if you have to buy everything, then you won't be over that, plus you don't need to fork out that cash right away.
Well done Ronnie. Gonna start calling you Rocket Ronnie with those quick ebay clicking fingers 😁

Right guys the full story!

I found it as soon as it was listed and scrambled like a girly to hit the bin tab! Managed that and contacted the seller, we exchanged a few messages and I get collection address etc, all is well at this point

Then I get a message at 1.30am! saying this-

So I'm thinking this is still a bargain but will the price keep going up! I messaged him saying I will pay the 550 then I phoned the female owner and tell her I will stump up the extra cash. All seems good but I have to BT the cash to them! I did so and held my breath until Martin swooped in and collected it for me Phew! Martin is my knight in shining armour

Discuss? What would have others done in my situation ?

Ronnie

I think £550 was a good price, but I would have knocked £50 off due to his nefarious spelling.

What I do not understand is why, when you offer the asking price in full, does the seller then refuse to sell and int the end sells for less than you were prepared to give??

Back
Top Bottom