What's new

Band themed pin

None of this stuff will make it to a game just not enough of a market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess my real problem with the band themes to date is the only band so far that I could envisage listening to over and over whilst playing is Metallica (who appeal like Motörhead to my taste for thrash punk as opposed to my general dislike of metal and rock). The problem being it so happens also to be one of the most sought after pins out there and if one comes up sells in seconds!
To be honest I’d rather have an Elvis than a queen or iron maiden pin

There’s not many major bands left

Ac/Dc
Who
Metallica
Kiss
GNR
Maiden
Aerosmith
Stones

Maybe Black Sabbath?

Obvious one missing from the above list - The Beatles. Now personally I think they would make a dreadful pin and probably cost a fortune to do but it would be hard to deny them their continued popularity.

Everytime I see music pins mentioned on Pinside there seems to be desperate Canadian's gagging for a Rush game. Can't ever see that one happening.

Abit of a curve ball but what about a John shuttleworth pin?

Great for the northern lads

Using such tracks as

Smells like white spirits,
Pigeons in flight,
My dead wife,
Eggs and gammon,

The choice is endless

Not really a band theme but The Blues Brothers would be awesome, so many great songs and scenes in that movie.

Licensing would probably be a nightmare though...

I

Ac/Dc
Who
Metallica
Kiss
GNR
Maiden
Aerosmith
Stones

Maybe Black Sabbath?

Ac/Dc
Who
Metallica
Kiss
GNR
Maiden
Aerosmith
Stones

Maybe Black Sabbath?
i was going to suggest a Sabbath themed machine. You could make it a bit dark & scary or just an Ozzy themed pin. Prince of Darkness and all that. Pretty sure that would be appealing. Plenty of scope for some gory animations

I

i was going to suggest a Sabbath themed machine. You could make it a bit dark & scary or just an Ozzy themed pin. Prince of Darkness and all that. Pretty sure that would be appealing. Plenty of scope for some gory animations
Sabbath would be incredible - not sure about the American market for that though. Suppose that's similar for Maiden to some degree. Could be an amazing dark theme as you say...

Specials are my favourite ska band but for a pin bad manners or madness have all the imagery you need
And you can dance while playing !

Mustsrd plug are a good ska band with great imagery too,and music wise there would have to be potshot and the interrupters if a ska pin,as well as usual British ska

Certainly did,
I really liked what you guys did there. If, and it's a big if right now, but if I find a suitable donor machine, I really fancy having a go at creating a "The Beatles" pin. My skills are with the electric, rather than the arty stuff, however, I'll put in the effort to learn. (P.S yes I know a new Beatles is rumoured, but still.....)

Love the Ramones pin, hope I get to play it one day, they were the second band I ever saw live way back in 1979.... saw them more times than I can remember. Happy days.
Me and Mrs Tox fancy a Sex Pistols pinball with a problems mode, “Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated” call out when you lose the ball, the jubilee boat with Malcom getting arrested and the whole thing dripping with Jamie Reid graphics.

Wow!
I have just returned from Morrissey live at the Brighton centre and he had no support just a film of bands he likes, he played God Save The Queen by the Pistols and the video was cut with footage of the boat trip and McClaren being arrested......spooky coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom