What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally Vector GI Flasher Issue

andy

Site Supporter
The issue is the GI on the top playfield is very dim - measures around 3vac while the bottom playfield GI measures 6vac.

Traced the problem to the GI Flasher board which controls the top playfield GI, unplugging it and jumpering the GI wire gives 6vac and nice bright lights, but of course now they don't flash.

The board consists of 2 resistors, an opto isolator IC and a triac. The resistors read fine, so it must be the chip or the triac.

These seem to be available cheaply so I can just replace both, but wondered if anyone knows which component is more likely to cause this issue?

Or if you have a spare flasher board I'd be interested in that too!

Thanks,
Andy

have you tried swapping the board in the backbox for the one under the playfield?,vector uses more than one of those boards

I had U1 go on the version of the board that uses the triac on the power board in the base of the cabinet. In my case the associated GI was completely out. I t/shot the problem as Steve advises above.

have you tried swapping the board in the backbox for the one under the playfield?,vector uses more than one of those boards
Doh, didn't think of that... :tut: Will give that a go in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom