What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Bally VECTOR £350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedreud

Registered
Hatchet buried. Differences settled. Vector stays. Promised to not buy any more pinball machines for a very, very, very long time.

Love this, but not more than my marriage. I only collected it 2 days ago but it's caused major ructions with my wife - not an uncommon occurrence according to many accounts on this forum. I won't be able to play it without feeling unhappy or resented, and where's the fun in that? It will simply become an object of loathing. Therefore, I hope someone else will take and enjoy it. I'll continue to tinker away on my project PARAGON.

So, to VECTOR itself. As I said, I've only had it 2 days so don't have an intimate understanding yet. The condition is good/fair for it's age. Everything seems to be in fully working order. I've spotted 2 bulbs that are out (if they're #44 or #47 I have spares), but all the coils, display digits and sounds work in the self-test modes. The back-glass is in excellent condition and the chase lights are hypnotic. The cabinet has the usual bumps and scrapes but nothing too evil and the colour is still fairly vibrant. Playfield has the typical wear around the H-Y-P-E targets and centre inserts. All the plastics look complete and uncracked. MPU battery has been replaced with a coin cell. I haven't spotted any hacks, although the START button may have been modified for home use such that pressing it adds coin credits as well as starting the game (I know this can be done as a modification on PARAGON because these old Bally systems have no option for free-play). It will also include the original manual, a full set of new rubbers and 2 sets of new reproduction drop-targets (I think they're from Classic Arcades Inc): X-Y-X and 6 blue VECTOR heads.

I'm asking for £350 no offers, because that's exactly what I paid for it, and part of the problem is the money I spent to buy it, so I need it back. Personally I was absolutely thrilled to bag this for £350. It was exactly what I've been looking for since I got the project PARAGON a year ago, and the reason I've been flogging old stuff on eBay. If I ever win my wife around to pinball I doubt I'll ever get a bargain like this again.

I'm located between Guildford and Aldershot. I work-from-home, so you can come and view it and play pretty much any time. To help usher things along I could help out with delivery, as it definitely fits in my Vauxhall Zafira. I don't want to drive to the other end of the country because if I spend another whole day chasing pinballs my wife will likely divorce me, but I could do something within an hour or so, or about 50 miles of Aldershot for the cost of petrol (my Zafira does 35mpg, about 17p per mile).

Contact me via PM on this site, email me at peterduerden@gmail.com or call me on 07789 965 149 to arrange a viewing.

Right, enough emotional blubber, here's some photos:

iPhone+VECTOR 073.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 074.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 075.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 076.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 077.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 078.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 079.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 080.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 081.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 082.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 083.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 084.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 086.JPG

iPhone+VECTOR 087.JPG

Last edited:
Bugger, shame it can't stay.
Can you not sell the wife instead ?
You might get a bit more for her and you can put that towards machine number three.

It is stories like this that make you appreciate a partner that does allow you to fill a room with expensive toys, for that I give mine a thumbs up!
You must be gutted, £350 must be a bargain for any working machine.
Some things are sent to test us!
Adie

yeah, 350 is a great price. sad to hear shes like that. My mrs actually bought me mine and wants to play on it with me all the time, she does get annoyed however because ive actually got quite good on it.Ha.

Agree, looks a great machine for the price! Usually I would be very tempted but trying to thin down my pins at the moment so I can get them set up rather than standing on their end!

I have a compromise with my wife - she doesnt mind the pins providing a) they don't come in the house (they are in the garage/games room) and b) I dont spend any "new" money. ie; each machine needs to be funded by selling one. It must be great for some of you guys to have a wife who actually enjoys them and plays them!!

Cheers, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom