What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally Turbo cheap squeak. sounds muddled - Fixed

AlfonsoB

Registered
Removed the cap at C30 on my turbo cheap squeak which is suggested as good preventative maintenance
on pinwiki. It was also in a service bulletin from Bally.

Board boots fine and sounds okay but the sounds are wrong.
The board is choosing the incorrect sound.

Tried a replacement ad7533 which made no difference.
Factory reset the pin (strange science 6803) and set the sounds back to otion 3.

I've googled but havn't found a solution.

Any ideas?

Thx AL

could the fault be the mpu sending the wrong signals to the sound board?,also check your connections,if your one pin out it could cause incorrect sounds

could the fault be the mpu sending the wrong signals to the sound board?,also check your connections,if your one pin out it could cause incorrect sounds
Thanks,

The issue only appeared after I took the cap out of the sound board. I'll resolder the sound board pins later and see if it helps.

Thanks Steve & Big Ian.

Got it sorted out last night. More luck than anything

For someone searching old threads to find a fix.

Turn on game. Take out the Keypad.

Press Game + enter together (or try holding game button for a few seconds). The machine will chime and score display should change.
Then press the numbers 1-9.
each numbered button press should emit a different sound. I went through all of them.
hit exit.
Turn machine off for a minute and then back on.
This worked for me.
Play a few games. The intial game was better but subsequent ones seemed to fix the sequencing.

Had read an old post where someone had tried cycling sound otions 1-3 and a factory restore with no luck
but after navigating some other non sound related menus it restored itself.

Back
Top Bottom