What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Bally Playboy - Pinfest 2024 candidate?

I left the stencils on overnight to see if they would settle, but they didn’t and they had started peeling off and bubbling up. I smoothed them down and got the paint in quick. A few areas have bled, but i can touch up most of the issues.

IMG_8315.jpeg

looks better than that awful paint job someone did in the past already

Stencilling is a pain, with old knackered stencils- lots of bleeding edges and just too many spots to touch up. i’ll wait for the black to fully dry then set about touching up the oversprays as best as i can. Putting white touch ups on over black is probably the worst combination.

I’m tempted to order a set of pinball pimp stencils and start all over again, but let’s see how it looks after i’ve finished.

Still got the black to do on the backbox.

IMG_8337.jpeg

It’s hard enough with fresh stencils, annoying but acetone will clean the black off the white maybe as it’s still fresh and the white might be ok as been on there longer.
Might be able to mask up and wipe the bleeding edges off, seen a video with someone doing something like that and it left the colour underneath on.
Good luck, sure you can make it look ok.

stripping a cab is bad enough once. but the second time was hell with several layers of new primer, white base coats then the pink and black and a couple of clear coats too. i burned up a ton of sanding disks getting that lot off. the black paint turned into a sticky guey mess that stuck in clumps to the sandpaper.

Back
Top Bottom