What's new

Backend upgrade of PHP

EDIT - Sorry... Now PHP 8.2 (may as well upgrade to the newest i have available)....

Seems to be a lot quicker at rendering pages now too.

Anyone else seeing more of the we had a problem with this page errors since the upgrade. Will grab a screen shot next time I see it but had it 3 times today when browsing back to the site, I think it was mentioned a while ago for mobile users but this is in chrome desktop.

Reactions: JT.
Anyone else seeing more of the we had a problem with this page errors since the upgrade. Will grab a screen shot next time I see it but had it 3 times today when browsing back to the site, I think it was mentioned a while ago for mobile users but this is in chrome desktop.
I've seen it a couple of times on PC now, too, using Brave, but that's built on the same engine as Chrome.

Screenshot 2023-09-09 133718.png

...and, just happened when first opening the site. Happened earlier today too. Firefox on PC.

Last edited:
I've always had it on my phone before the upgrade. Had it for the first time on the PC tonight though.

I used to get it on my phone if I reloaded a tab from a few days ago. Now I'm getting it a lot more sometimes when I load the forum fresh.

I have a strong suspicion that this was caused by the unscheduled (Well.. i said to the hosts it needs to be done AFTER the 9th... i didnt mean ON the 9th.... No-one told me until i got an email this morning saying it was underway) Server move from olde fashioned Disks to a new one that was prebuilt with sparkly new SSD's...

Please let me know if this continues tomorrow... In the meantime i'll take a look and see if i can see anything obvious :)

Cheers
Paul

I have a strong suspicion that this was caused by the unscheduled (Well.. i said to the hosts it needs to be done AFTER the 9th... i didnt mean ON the 9th.... No-one told me until i got an email this morning saying it was underway) Server move from olde fashioned Disks to a new one that was prebuilt with sparkly new SSD's...

Please let me know if this continues tomorrow... In the meantime i'll take a look and see if i can see anything obvious :)

Cheers
Paul
It was happening for me every time I opened the site yesterday, but today it's fine, so suspect you are spot-on Paul.

Yes i concur it's warp speed now. Page loads are instant.

There is something fishy going on though.... Server shows PHP 8.2, Myphpadmin shows 7.2.34

Something for them to check and confirm :)

As part of the recent migration we were back on 7.2.x for a couple of weeks... however now on 8.2.9... :)

As per usual... any issues please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom