What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to the Future?

There better not be any physical buttons to press because using your hands...that's like a baby's toy.

Last edited:
I wonder if Michael j fox will let them use his image this time round? unlike before

10 hastily made-up things that will make this great.
  1. Little DeLorean.
  2. Town Hall.
  3. Tyre tracks made from actual fire.
  4. Biff bash toy
  5. Einstein
  6. Jenifer doc Brown
  7. Flux capacitor.
  8. Time circuits
  9. Hovver Board
  10. Manure.

1 thing that won't:
  1. Crispin Glover lawsuit.

10 hastily made-up things that will make this great.
  1. Little DeLorean.
  2. Town Hall.
  3. Tyre tracks made from actual fire.
  4. Biff bash toy
  5. Einstein
  6. Jenifer doc Brown
  7. Flux capacitor.
  8. Time circuits
  9. Hovver Board
  10. Manure.

1 thing that won't:
  1. Crispin Glover lawsuit.

Repurpose the turntable from BM66, in a smaller scale, have the clocktower on it so it’s able to spin and reveal the relevant clock tower for the currrent time period (mode) your in.

I'd love this to happen, but can't see it. They'd need so many licenses: MJ Fox, Universal, DMC, (all of which will be expensive and Delorean/ fox are known to withhold their rights) unless they're going to pull a 'Jurassic park' and design their own car and not use any of the actors, and just do a generic playfield based on hill valley. Hope I'm proven totally wrong though!

DMC (the Houston one) will licence the DMC logo to anyone for a price. They let anyone use it. Running the UK owners club for the car I know. As was mentioned above it's getting the rights from Universal and the characters that will be the issue (again I know about that also) Certainly getting a car on it would be great.
Chris

DMC (the Houston one) will licence the DMC logo to anyone for a price. They let anyone use it. Running the UK owners club for the car I know. As was mentioned above it's getting the rights from Universal and the characters that will be the issue (again I know about that also) Certainly getting a car on it would be great.
Chris

Well they didn't license out to the BTTF childrens books recently - the car was slightly modified in the illustrations! Blasphemy (great book though - got my young kids into it).
Good to know who to contact about a Delorean though - I've always wanted one, might be in touch in the future!!!

Well they didn't license out to the BTTF childrens books recently
There have been a few legal battles in the US recently over ownership/rights to use the name and DMC logo, so it 'may' have been whilst this was on-going. I think technically (don't quote the legalities at me as I don't know the exact terminology) I do believe that you can use all of the above without any legal retribution now due to a time limit rule. They will still try and stop you but you can fight it and they will back down.
Chris

Well they didn't license out to the BTTF childrens books recently - the car was slightly modified in the illustrations! Blasphemy (great book though - got my young kids into it).

Is that because they wouldn’t licence it out, or simply the book makers wanted to save money And the hassle of all the licensing, the car in the books is unmistakably the deloeron and it only looks different/modified to me because of the drawing style used.

Every aspect of BTTF is available to be licensed, it is everywhere in all kinds of merchandise, there’s really no evidence to suggest its hard to licence for products, VP cabs licensed BTTF a year or two ago and had MJF, Christoper Lloyd and i think Claudia Wells at the charity reveal.

Is that because they wouldn’t licence it out, or simply the book makers wanted to save money And the hassle of all the licensing, the car in the books is unmistakably the deloeron and it only looks different/modified to me because of the drawing style used.

Every aspect of BTTF is available to be licensed, it is everywhere in all kinds of merchandise, there’s really no evidence to suggest its hard to licence for products, VP cabs licensed BTTF a year or two ago and had MJF, Christoper Lloyd and i think Claudia Wells at the charity reveal.

I’m not saying it’s hard, I’m saying that there are multiple parties to have to pay in order to have the ‘full’ experience (so to speak). As you said, the book example probably couldn’t justify/afford the dmc license and it was likely their choice. I’m just raising it, as we’ve seen Stern choose this route recently with JP where they Chose not to pay for the jeep or actors likenesses or film clips etc.
Hopefully it won’t be the case though, and they get all the assets and knock it out of the park!! Here’s hoping!!

This would be amazing. The original pinball never quite lived up to how good the film is and how good it’s themes could be on a machine. If they nailed it, it would be incredible

I need to know if this rumour is true!

Mr @Neil McRae posted on pinside Stern are doing this, brave to post that about one of the most in demand themes if it’s just a rumour the pinside mob will be after him for getting everyone’s hopes up :p

Just been checking

https://www.atgtickets.com/shows/back-to-the-future-the-musical/opera-house-manchester/

Coronavirus permitting I'll be going on a Wednesday matinee - would have been 11th March if one was on then, 18th busy, so 25th earliest it could be.

Rather than risking it getting cancelled at some point due to coronavirus I've just been to see it today. Highly recommended to anyone with the slightest interest in Back to the Future (and within reasonable travel distance of Manchester - it'll probably go to the west end in the summer). Its all based on the first film (but with a few tweaks to the non-critical parts of the plot). First time I've seen a car fly, and I've no idea how they did it; also amazing how they moved it around so quick.

Finished it off with a tour of some of Manchester's pinball - 6 machines in 4 locations.

Back
Top Bottom