What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audit Stats and gameplays = value of machine?

leehardcastle

Registered
Hi,
I need educating on the amount of gameplays on a table and what it suggests or what is a decent amount of plays ect.
Basically came close to selling my Rick and Morty table but the buyer was turned off by the amount of game plays it had
(1439. // avg game time. 2:25 // Tilt Dangers 177 // tilt total: 21)

I'm interested to learn more what these stats suggest.

I understand it's the same as milage when buying a used car, but what is a typical milage for a decent table ect?

Thanks!
Lee

Recently sold mine, again, amazing short game times

Not sure about values etc but I wouldn't consider that high plays, especially such short game times. Would almost be more concerned about a very low number indicating any issues may not have been ironed out.

My Mando I placed in the rec room at work back in Aug has 3k plays already, the Stern manual dosn't even say to change the balls until 5k plays (not its a good idea to leave it so long)

According to the earnings audits my CSI has had 20k paid games and god knows how many freeplay games as thats not counted, apart from scoop wear its just fine.

With less than 1500 plays and game time of 2:25 - that's what I'd say is just about run in.

Just sounds like a feeble excuse not to buy to me.

It helps to say how old the game is... eg if it's 3 years old then that's approx 500 plays a year or 10 games a week, which is 1 or 2 games a day. If it's 2 years old then that's 750 games a year which is just under 15 games a week or just over 2 games a day.

As above 1439 games is nothing (we seem to manage that in a couple of months 😂) Especially with the short game times.

I've always gone purely off condition (is the playfield cracked, worn etc, what do the ramps look like, does it work..) and not been worried.

As the other posters in this thread are stating, sounds like an excuse. Would not read too much into it.

It really depends on what price you were charging as that may raise or lower the buyers expectation. Either this was a cop-out or it’s very expensive and the buyer expected ‘effectively new’.

Spooky machines don't have lifetime plays as far as I'm aware, so there's no way of proving a low play machine is genuine.

I clear my audits down every so often and just checked my R&M is showing 15 plays but I've actually put about 500 on it and whatever the previous owner played.

Even the lifetime time stats on modern Sterns can't truly be trusted, on my Star Wars I know the stats are showing lower than I've actually played because I record all my scores, but lifetime stats didn't exist as a feature when it was new, it was included in a later code update!

As almost everyone else has said, stats for number of balls played or length of ball time means virtually nothing - condition of the game BY VIEWING in person is really the only way to determine condition.

However, saying that I have seen the audits on JJP games, which can be more useful.
Specifically
Number of ball searches - if this is high per game it suggests there is a fault either with the ball being trapped somewhere or a switch not working
Number of tilts - can indicate that tilt was never fitted (so player could be hurling the machine round), or that they are a very delicate player who doesn't move the machine.

I have had a couple of people feign interest in a machine (even by proxy) only to disappear once number of plays has been stated.

Even on Stern number of lifetime plays isn't uncheatable, simply reflash the SD card and hey presto you're back to zero.

How many plays are irreverent in my eyes, if the machine has high plays get in the car and go view it...

9 times out of 10 the machines will be well looked after if buying from a community member

Things I would be checking
  1. Playfield wear
  2. Plastics
  3. Cab
  4. Boards
Anything else is easily fixed... I would be arguing the toss over a couple stop ends etc

Good luck if they can find another R&M?

And yeah, visual inspection is far more important than number of plays.

Potential buyer was a tyre kicker
I had some nob who's no longer on here wasting my time for a month with one sale - had me messing about taking photos of everything you could imagine - including serial number stickers - before, after approx a month of this, deciding not to buy it. It's just more evidence of JT's universal 'Law of Online Sales: an Endless Repetitive Slog' (or L.O.S.E.R.S. for short) which states that the chance of successfully making a sale is inversely proportional to the number of questions the potential buyer asks.

It's just more evidence of JT's universal 'Law of Online Sales: an Endless Repetitive Slog' (or L.O.S.E.R.S. for short) which states that the chance of successfully making a sale is inversely proportional to the number of questions the potential buyer asks.
The second universal Law of Online Sales is, of course, that the price of the item is also inversely proportional to the number of questions the potential buyer asks.

The number of people who’ve tyre kicked for ages over stuff I’m giving away for free (or close to free)…

When I bought my Rick and Morty I didn't even check the number of plays. The games pretty rare (especially in the UK) and its a dream theme for me.

I just checked the condition of the playfield, cab and plastics and proceeded to hand over the dosh.

If that games still for sale can you PM me as I know a few that may be interested.

Cheers,

Scott

Somewhat newly discovered this forum after a couple of years of enjoying the hobby so Hi!

Not played a R&M yet. I do however often see a notable difference in upkeep on forum advertised pins Vs eBay etc. I suppose that is to be expected!

Reputation means a lot so likely a tyre kicking for you buyer sadly.

Okay - What machine would you buy here?
Foo Fighters Pro from say @Wayne J - a good player - 1000 plays.
Foo Fighters Pro from me - a rubbish player - 2500 plays.

I can assure you my game would be in better condition than Waynes.
(PS - not having any kind of a go at Wayne here - just used him as an example of type of player).

So - when you sell something - plenty of photos. Close ups. Show playfield damage and dinking.

That way everyone is happy.

A lot of tyre kickers on any selling site.

What we're you offered?
"Tyre Kicker" haha ffs.

I didn't want to sell it, so I said, give me a grand more than I paid for it.

He threw every excuse at me to drive the price down, I said - buy it or don't.

There was a couple of minor scuffs that are barely notable, which I showed in close up gory details in the photos.

Then he said the scuffs upset him (fair enough) but it had too many plays for him? So, Rick and Morty here to stay.

Kept it maintained. Polished the playfield as you would. Not had to replace anything on it other than a watch battery.

I barely get much chance to play on it myself, it's more when I have guests over, they have a quick blast on it. Hence the short game times.
Plus, I'm not that good at it either.

Back
Top Bottom