What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Atari Fire Truck Arcade Game 1978!! £1800

Expired Due to no activity

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
Atari Fire Truck Arcade Game 1978!! £1800

In 2014 (for those of you who haven't been in pinball for long) I helped to organise a show called the South Coast Slam.

One of the games that was kindly lent for the show was this fantastic Atari Fire Truck that attracted loads of attention with queues forming to play it!

The kids loved it as well as adults, it was the first video game made where 2 players cooperated.

When some years later I was tipped off that it was going to be on the market I had to have it!!

This is a really rare game, I know this is an over-used phrase but as I understand it there is only one other known example in the UK and that this is the only working one.

You can either play it in one player where you steer using the rear wheel and control the rear trailer unit or 2 player when the person in the front controls the tractor unit and works the accelerator with the rear person steering the trailer which is great fun. Both players have a horn or bell to ring when you are rushing to the fire.

There are two different modes with a difficult and easy track to choose from. Amazing when you consider this was all the way back in 1978!!

The game works perfectly, the guy I brought it from is a bit of an expert with this era of games and he restored it installing a new (I think, certainly very low use) black and white monitor so there is no screen burn and it literally warms up in seconds. All the electronics were also overhauled so it is very reliable. When we had it at the show it ran for 2 days in constant use without issue.

The cabinet is generally very good with limited bumps and scrapes. The art on the right side is better than the left but as this is the side you use to enter the seat it’s probably the best side to have the nicer art work. Obviously it is over 40 years old so don’t expect miracles. I have a really nice original manual which would also be included.

The game is 162cm high, 167cm long and 65cm wide and splits into 2 parts to transport.

You are very welcome to view and please ask any questions.

Obviously this is collection only but I may be able to help with delivery to South central or the South West. Martin also knows where I am.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Wow a beautiful thing 😍
For some reason I do remember the oil on the road splodge maybe from another Atari game ? Looks perfect condition

Back
Top Bottom