What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assorted JD questions | Removing a playfield from cabinet.

They def sound less clunky than mine, power looks fine though, left orbit takes a bit of accuracy then comes round quickly to the right flipper, you’ll soon be hitting a few loops in a row, if not then maybe there is an issue but from that video it looks fine to be honest.
Oh and I’ve read that you should clean new balls due to the residue you describe.
Balls, playfield, flipper rubbers will all soon wear in a bit then everything will feel good to play [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you think your flippers are ‘clunky’ and you’ve rebuilt them with new parts already you could check the voltage tap is set correctly on your transformer. If the game is set for a lower ac mains input the coil voltage can be too high making flippers feel clunky/more binary.

worth a quick check anyway, only takes a few secs

if you think your flippers are ‘clunky’ and you’ve rebuilt them with new parts already you could check the voltage tap is set correctly on your transformer. If the game is set for a lower ac mains input the coil voltage can be too high making flippers feel clunky/more binary.

worth a quick check anyway, only takes a few secs

I’ve not rebuilt them. There’s some play in them (suggesting they could possibly do with a rebuild) but power & performance wise they are spot on. Just wondered if a rebuild would make them a bit less noisy?

That said how do I check the voltage tap?

I’ve not rebuilt them. There’s some play in them (suggesting they could possibly do with a rebuild) but power & performance wise they are spot on. Just wondered if a rebuild would make them a bit less noisy?

That said how do I check the voltage tap?

just take a pic of the square 9 pin connector that feeds into the transformer in the cabinet. Power off first though Just to be safe. will have orange, black and white wires on it.

Flipper rebuild is always a worthwhile step if you are unsure when they were last done as is this quick and easy check

Transformer connections matched your diagram perfectly when I installed the extra power board. I’m guessing they ‘clunk’ due to the few mm of play the pawl has.

Transformer connections matched your diagram perfectly when I installed the extra power board. I’m guessing they ‘clunk’ due to the few mm of play the pawl has.

yep most likely then. Rebuild them

Back
Top Bottom