IMG_8105.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8106.JPG
    IMG_8106.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8107.JPG
    IMG_8107.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 38
Not near any driver board or schematics but it's easy enough to get a meter out and continuity test the connections (on both sides) before removing the bodged connector.

I'm going to try and offer my services to this place soon, their pins could do with a bit of TLC. Sad to hear the Operation Thunder is now non-working...

I'm going to try and offer my services to this place soon, their pins could do with a bit of TLC. Sad to hear the Operation Thunder is now non-working...
Some of the issues are as simple as levelling the tables and providing appropriate lighting. I think it was the White Water that was fully working but not levelled (there were others), and I don't mean just a little bit, so every ball drifted to the right making the game frustrating to play. When I was last there a few months ago it was a choice of pitch black or full overhead lighting on, and most of the tables didn't have sufficient GI to be playable in pitch black.

PinGulp's (other Pin cup holders available) might have stopped the twonk I saw playing on one machine, and balancing his beer on the machine next to him :mad:

Some of the issues are as simple as levelling the tables and providing appropriate lighting. I think it was the White Water that was fully working but not levelled (there were others), and I don't mean just a little bit, so every ball drifted to the right making the game frustrating to play. When I was last there a few months ago it was a choice of pitch black or full overhead lighting on, and most of the tables didn't have sufficient GI to be playable in pitch black.

PinGulp's (other Pin cup holders available) might have stopped the twonk I saw playing on one machine, and balancing his beer on the machine next to him :mad:
Some things just like that - Party Zone was unplayable until I made a makeshift booster out of the ripped-off base of a can of Monster!... a couple of flaky switches that just need an adjustment, some games that just have careless setup errors (Twilight Zone doesn't have enough pinballs in it - not talking just the minus-mod mod that people do to make the powerball more frequent.)

Nothing that any pin owner couldn't do with a few hours (or a day or two for the whole lot.)

This, of course, is absolutely in no way a comment against Arcade Club as the place is easily my favourite general gaming venue in the entire country and I would recommend it immediately to all. I've just heard that they don't have any technicians in their access that can do the pinballs for them. If I lived closer to Manchester I would have already applied for a job there!

White Water, unless it has been address this month or so, isn't 100% by the way - it somehow ends up with two balls in its VUK by Bigfoot, and it ends up unable to kick either ball over the loop. Not owning a White Water, I'm not sure if this is a diverter given up or something else...

It's in their interest to get it sorted as I initially raved about it, but the last time I went there were only a handful of Pinballs worth playing and not enough for me to make frequent trips, plus it is an extra fiver. Like others have said you can have the pinball room to yourself for the most part so I'm guessing Pinball isn't a big draw for them. I'll go back again when summer is over.

I've just spent a very happy day at Arcade Club again.
I was there yesterday so you may have seen me in there too.
Yeah that PZ really needs levelling, it seems like the White Water has had some repair work on it, I have memories of the VUK struggling many times per ball.
With TZ, I was finding it much harder to get the ball up the ramps, made it much harder.

If there are problems with the pins at arcade club I usually let Andy (the owner) know, then at least there's a good chance of getting the problems addressed :thumbs: he's a very approachable and friendly guy :)

If there are problems with the pins at arcade club I usually let Andy (the owner) know, then at least there's a good chance of getting the problems addressed :thumbs: he's a very approachable and friendly guy :)
Definitely; last time I went he was a very busy man and I wasn't able to have a chat in person though.

John's Arcade visit to Arcade club.

I liked the bit where there didn't seem to be any pinball footage whatsoever (at least on my scan through - can't watch while at work.)

It almost feels like video gamers go out of their way to ignore pinball...

I liked the bit where there didn't seem to be any pinball footage whatsoever (at least on my scan through - can't watch while at work.)

It almost feels like video gamers go out of their way to ignore pinball...

7:30 ish they run thru the little pinball room. And later on you see a few others. TBF in his other video from PlayExpo he did go round the entire pinball area looking at every game.

Arcade Club looks off the frickin wall *awesome* .............. why oh why is it so far away :(

7:30 ish they run thru the little pinball room. And later on you see a few others. TBF in his other video from PlayExpo he did go round the entire pinball area looking at every game.

Arcade Club looks off the frickin wall *awesome* .............. why oh why is it so far away :(
Glad to be totally wrong about my scan through!

And yes. It is beyond awesome, though not quite a pinball destination, I wish it were my second home.

'Hey Guuuuuuys!'

John cracks me up. He seems to be more of a vid guy but definitely loves his pinball as well. He's got a Radical and a RFM I believe

Back
Top Bottom