What's new

Arcade Club Bury

i went there for 8-bit flip at easter time, so there were about 60 pinballs set up at the time, but we got use of all the old arcade machines as well. Awesome place. I wish I lived closer.

I don't think the league is going anymore. Pinball machines have decreased in number but still a selection there I believe, plus tons of arcade video machines.

I hesitate to write this as 1. It's nice to have something with the potential of Arcade Club near Manchester, and 2. I don't wish to be negative or moan about the place.

My opinion is that it's priority is the arcade machines and the pinball tables are something of an after-thought. The last few times I have been I'm afraid the tables I really went for such as x-men were down and unplayable.

I can't speak for Carl but I think the general condition of the tables is one reason he wasn't keen on repeating the league this year. If he ever does run it again, I'd offer to help in any capacity I could.

8-bit flip was great there, but I think that was more to do with the guys who ran it. I mean no dis-respect to Arcade Club, but I'd personally much rather go into Manchester to play GB, AC/DC and WoZ than drive round the M60 to play older games.

Bear in mind that the people mainly involved in running the place are arcade guys so pinball maintenance is not their key skill set. I know that in the past they've had support from members of this forum to keep the pins working but they don't have a regular tech anymore as far as I know.

I went there earlier in the year and had a lot of fun. However I am a novice and also enjoy older games. So I had a full day of playing fun machines, with limited competition for a go as most of the clientele seem to prefer arcade games. Great value for money. Nice atmosphere and it was fun playing some arcades too. I'll be going again. Need to give them a call to ask what is up and running beforehand though.

All I will say is that pinball is not a high priority at Arcade Club these days which is why I no longer make the effort to go there, arcade cabs don't hold much interest for me either.

As for 8bitflip, that was down the NLP crew putting on an event.

probably the best video selection in Europe. the pins including my two are mainly on loan and they are a said a bonus item. I imagine if one of us opened a "pinball club" it would have a few cabs and the opposite would apply lol

[QUOTE="the pins including my two are mainly on loan[/QUOTE]
Diner and Rollergames are awesome don't even think about taking them back. Steve.
The magnet in rollergames is needing attention and multiball has a fault, the playfield needs cleaning the Gi is flakey but it still brings me pleasure... Probably that girls butt in the translite... At least that bit doesn't need a service
Diner is another classic.
They are opening up a second floor around Christmas time so it will eventually be the biggest arcade in Europe.

Last edited:
Great effort from all concerned in getting this up and running.
If I lived closer I would gladly service their pins FOC.

Spent a few hours there earlier. As mentioned by a few others the Pinballs don't seem to be their priority. The room they are in normally has no lighting on so some of the machines are unplayable, or frustrating to play at best. After returning from playing the arcade machines someone had switched the big light on which helped, but it needs something in between to keep the ambiance of the Pinball lighting. One machine wouldn't start at all and a few were comically not horizontally levelled so it was like playing on the Titanic.

They have approx. 15 tables, 3 of them on the top floor. Annoyingly TAF and RFM were off. The saving grace was the MET LE which I spent about 2 hours on as I had the Pinball room to myself and it was the only one that could be played in the dark. Really enjoyable and now I want one!

If you are only going for the Pinball then it may not be worth it. They have so much other stuff going on though that it definitely makes a nice trip out.

Last edited:
Last time I was at AC I spent most of the day playing the pins. No complaints from me!
I didn't find anything particularly unplayable myself and I think it's worth the travel.... we travelled up from Folkestone and are planning it again. I would presume everyone else is closer than me!

Last time I was at AC I spent most of the day playing the pins. No complaints from me!

Not sure when you last went dude, but bear in mind that they've shifted things around a bit :thumbs: The focus seems to be definitely with the vids side of things at the moment (which makes sense) but where else can you blow up the Death Star, complete Double Dragon via elbows, blast along tropical roads listening to Magical Sound Shower and then shoot Wild Dog in the face all for a tenner :clap:

TAF, TZ and RFM are on the top floor. The rest are on the other floor which is an additional £5 and over 18's only. *TAF and RFM were both off when I was there last weekend.

I don't use that place enough to be fair... especially with it only being 5 minutes away from my house. I was talking to Andy during 8BF and his next goal is another floor if he can persuade the landlord and eventually have the whole mill as one big arcade centre... now that would be some place :D
Plus I believe that they are thankfully going to have some ambient lighting installed in the 'black hole' pin room :thumbs:

Great place and you can even make toast if you apply bread to the main incomer on floor 2.

Reactions: JMP
I'm now needing to plan a return trip to AC as they just bought my Daytona USA upright, and I'm gonna miss it!

I've just spent a very happy day at Arcade Club again. It is 1 1/2 hours each way for me but I still felt it was well worthwhile. Today's line up was TZ , TAF AND RFM on the main floor, all working. On Floor 2, which is £5 extra and 18+ only they had WW, MET, JD, PZ, XFiles, SS, EPM, 911, 1812, Roller Games and a non-working Operation Thunder. I was able to play the machines without any competition from other punters and often had the Pinball room to myself. I even had a go at some 3D virtual realty stuff and the whole of Floor 2 was pleasantly uncrowded. Being a novice I was a bit like the infinite monkeys on an infinite number of typewriters at times - occasionally managed something clever but had no idea how I had done it, or often what it was I had done. But a great way to learn! I found the whole set-up very friendly and modestly priced. PS I hope I've got all the abbreviations correct!

Back
Top Bottom