What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARCADE 1UP OUTRUN POWERDRIFT

scottydoesntknow

Site Supporter
Hi All, not sure if im going mad but thought there was a uk importer of the 1ups on here i need to get me one of these outrun sit downs think there just coming out in the usa

Why they decided to do this as sit down version seems crazy to me! It looks a little ‘homemade’ to me. I would also worry about the durability of the steering.

I will be interested to hear your thoughts when you get one. Outrun is a classic (I am lucky enough to have a full size upright), but last time I played Powerdrift it hadn’t aged well.

I’ve seen threads already where they are modding and update the wheel but TBH they don’t take a lot of hammer in Home Use, I’ll wait till Gabes CP fails on MK and I’ll update with extended panel and better hardware. I’ll be in with an upright version and riser Gabe will love it and it don’t break the bank like some of my full sized MAME cabs have in the past.

I’ve seen a few Youtubers reviewing these- I reckon a stand up version might be better, doesn’t look too comfortable for a long session. Anyone know what happened with the SW Atari versions- did they ever make it to the UK?

I agree - the size and the fact it's a sit down make this look pretty uncomfortable.

I spent my first lockdown building a driving cab and it was definiatly the most challenging of all the games I've made in terms of making all the different games actually work with the controls, does this just play Outrun?
(Not familiar with 1UP games other than knowing they exist and are flat pack)

I did a stand-up Sega Rally 2 shaped cab out of 12mm ply, and used a G27 wheel and pedals and a Sega sequential shifter, however I needed to do a fair bit of modification - reverse mounting the 2 pedals directly on to the cab, discarding the clutch and expending the wheel's column by 4 inches to fit through the Sega dash plastics properly.
Getting force feedback working, handling the shifter inputs for game that were originally non-sequential etc with all the different games was a challenge, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result.

While it's great fun I quickly decided I'd needed a small stool in front of it as it gets pretty tiring standing up with a racer and trying to use the pedals, especially for games where you initiate a slide by using both pedals in very quick succession like Outrun 2 or the Sega Rally series.
If I'd have had more space I might have done a full sit down, but maybe that's one for the future

I’ve seen a few Youtubers reviewing these- I reckon a stand up version might be better, doesn’t look too comfortable for a long session. Anyone know what happened with the SW Atari versions- did they ever make it to the UK?
Yeah, I think there are a few in the UK and they actually look pretty cool.

I agree - the size and the fact it's a sit down make this look pretty uncomfortable.

I spent my first lockdown building a driving cab and it was definiatly the most challenging of all the games I've made in terms of making all the different games actually work with the controls, does this just play Outrun?
(Not familiar with 1UP games other than knowing they exist and are flat pack)

I did a stand-up Sega Rally 2 shaped cab out of 12mm ply, and used a G27 wheel and pedals and a Sega sequential shifter, however I needed to do a fair bit of modification - reverse mounting the 2 pedals directly on to the cab, discarding the clutch and expending the wheel's column by 4 inches to fit through the Sega dash plastics properly.
Getting force feedback working, handling the shifter inputs for game that were originally non-sequential etc with all the different games was a challenge, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result.

While it's great fun I quickly decided I'd needed a small stool in front of it as it gets pretty tiring standing up with a racer and trying to use the pedals, especially for games where you initiate a slide by using both pedals in very quick succession like Outrun 2 or the Sega Rally series.
If I'd have had more space I might have done a full sit down, but maybe that's one for the future

I think it has Outrun, Turbo Outrun, Outrunners and Powerdrift.

Having played Outrunners and Powerdrift recently, they have not aged well!

Star Wars only in the UK through a few that imported, me included. Symths toys were looking to bring in last November and sold out online in preorders. However Arcade1up let them done, so Symths had to refund everyone and gave them a £25 gift card as a goodwill gesture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom