What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone with machines in the garage?

Interesting

Will be a piped radiator so will just heat up when house heating comes on :) hopefully should just keep it nice an warm.
the reason the dessicant ones heat slightly is because the fan inducting the air in has silica gel pads on it. The gel absorbs the moisture out of the inducted air and using centrifugal force, flings the water out into the water container. A heating element dries the silica pads and the warmer air is exhausted out of the top at around 12c.

God what a geek I sound. I’m a right laugh out on the beer

I do appreciate why a compressor (refrigeration) dehumidifier will become less effectively at lower temperatures the temp drops but I am confident the Meaco’s do work well at 10oC and their specs say down to 5oC. My cabin never is allowed to get that cold.

Over the past 30+ years I’ve bought many pins that have been kept in garages for obvious reasons but mainly the fact they can be really overpowering in the house if you don’t have the luxury of a gamesroom.
The problem I’ve seen time and time again is the heavy oxidisation on all the metalwork throughout the pin inside and out.
Single skinned walls are a bugger for sweating through condensation so as much insulation as possible and go as far as boxing out the garage door if feasible.

Back
Top Bottom