What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Understand Flight Compensation Pls ?

DRD

Registered
Any help, gratefully received ..

I flew BA to South Africa was due to leave 21.30. The plane finally took of 16.30 or so the next day after repeated delays.

My return BA journey was meant to be tonight 18 oct but yesterday (17 oct) midday I received an email from BA saying that flight was 2h delayed. You do not want to be prowling johannesburg at midnight so I bit the bullet, paid the dough and flew back with swiss air yesterday instead.

This morning I got another email from BA saying that its flight was further delayed. This is a very familiar pattern as it is an a380 route and ba don't have many of these planes. There are only about 8 SA to Europe flights per day.

I have not yet claimed my 500 quid or so compensation from BA for the first outbound flight.

Should I cancel my BA return flight - this will only yield about 20 quid.

Or should I just leave alone and "hope" the return leg is further delayed in which case might I get another 500 quid compensation ?

I just want to avoid BA saying I was a no show on the return leg, so I did not complete or cancel my journey so you can swivel for the 500 quid compensation on the outbound.

Many thanks

If you can get reason for delay that helps. I have had BA claim bad weather when I know there wasn't and BA refused to pay. Ombudsman sides with airline when they use weather as an excuse and BA won't provide any proof to external person in case they use that information against them.

David

Back
Top Bottom