What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone hacked pin2dmd ?

BigIan

Site Supporter
Alias
ZIG
Has anyone hacked their pin2dmd ?

I’ve heard that you can update it so it will run the colourdmd, just wondering if anyone has any experience of doing this ?
I know colourdmd won’t want people doing it but just out of interest, asking for a friend etc

Where did you hear this, sounds intriguing?

Sounds like b.s. unfortunately [emoji22]

Architecture completely different, so can’t see it at all... happy to be proven wrong though :)

Thats pin2DMD running on DMDMK66.... NOT colordmd....massive difference really

Sorry - two completely different Technologies...

I do have a Pin2DMD running on the earlier releases before the custom firmware came into play, however if they ever got the colordmd working on these screens i then that would be a massive gamechanger..

Very interesting. I thought colordmd ran their proprietary firmware on a custom chip.

edit: just seen Pauls reply above :)

Thats pin2DMD running on DMDMK66.... NOT colordmd....massive difference really

Sorry - two completely different Technologies...

I do have a Pin2DMD running on the earlier releases before the custom firmware came into play, however if they ever got the colordmd working on these screens i then that would be a massive gamechanger..

Sorry, misread it
I think the Pin2dmd looks great on the dmdnk66 all the same [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m not surprised colordmd aren’t happy. They have a good cash cow going on. Perhaps they’ll lock down rom downloads unless you can provide a serial number? Won’t stop people sharing completely but might mitigate it a little

What’s the story with colordmd, do they pay people to colorise the ROMs or do the community colorise them and send them in etc ?

I'm interested in modding a colordmd.
Er actually thinking about it thats probably 65% of my remaining life expectancy wasted on messing around o_O

No I dont want to know

What’s the story with colordmd, do they pay people to colorise the ROMs or do the community colorise them and send them in etc ?

They have a team of folks, and I'm sure they are paying for it, its a painstaking process as I understand it... Have to say Randy and co at colordmd are great folks; so I can understand why they would be unhappy.

Looks like it may be the colordmds ROMs being used to colour the pin2dmd /dmdmk66

Colordmd are not happy about it anyhow

where are colordmd saying they aren't happy?

They haven't been happy with pin2dmd since they launched as they believe they are in breach of their patent.

Back
Top Bottom