What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got there Willy Wonker machine yet ?

Ah not coming thru the speakers then, thought it might be a grounding problem.

You can normally fix them by hitting the transformer with a hammer, not something you want to be doing with a brand new pinball.

Defo didn’t hear anything of the sort when I played one last night mate. It’s was very quiet. Even the clicks and clunks off the flippers seemed quiet.

Bit of fault finding to do, Phil at PH already
On the case with Ken @JJP. Other issue was coil on bottom half of subway kept firing. Turned out to be one of the Optos had become loose. Looks like they just clip in.

Nice looking game- need to have a few games on it.
1A8BBCF7-6576-4C55-B035-4F3110C17BD0.jpeg
That’s it I’m done. No space left

I need to play around with that. Need to take out the transformer and make sure all screws are tight all around. it is security fastened to the cabinet floor.

on another note:On CE description of the most secret machine- it says RED mist secret machine- what is this exactly? Should the metal be coated like the armour? Mine sure isn’t. Or is it a RED sticker!? I have no idea!?

Dave,
it should be no louder than Dialed in or other JJP game, also worth checking that's it definitely the transformer. I though I had a transformer problem and it turned out to be a speaker buzzing.

Neil.

Dave,
it should be no louder than Dialed in or other JJP game, also worth checking that's it definitely the transformer. I though I had a transformer problem and it turned out to be a speaker buzzing.

Neil.

100% it’s the transformer. Made a video, but can’t post on here. There are a few with loud transformers - PH is sorting me a new one 👍

Had a few more games on Wonka this evening. Got the Super Lock (not sure how to qualify for it)

The ball went up kicker - Ball one locked animation- ball travels down and then gets released straight back out?

No other balls were kicked out from the trough either! 🤷‍♂️
Shouldn’t it lock in there..

No idea mate. I reckon there’s a setting for either virtual lock or physical. Like WoZ munchkin hut lock.

Super lock should stay in the wonkavator. Check the plunger on the release coil.

Interesting to hear folks views on why so many used Wonka’s are up for sale ?

Does it need better code, big ticket item. Never played one myself but would like to..
I was wondering that too.

It has to be one of the best looking games around.

I have played it but hard to judge after 15mins play.

The Wonka CE for 8.5K - BARGAIN!!

I like Wonka, took me a while to work things out.
Lots do do, and some satisfying shots, it does have that 1 more go appeal...

Stuck £2 in the one at TILT and had 3 really long games, each with a replay which i decided to leave. Amazing to look at and fun to play, but didn’t have that buzz which i get from things like Iron Man. Didn’t really know what i was doing though...

My view is
I like it I don’t love it same as all other jjp games other than hobbit which I love but as an hobbit owner I rarely found the time to play it I would turn on a stern game before that but when hobbit is playing I think it’s one of the most immersive game ever made
Anyway back to wonka it is a great game but I don’t like it enough to own one the shots are so sweet I can get combo after combo and I am an average player there is lots going on and loads to do but you are not going to learn it in 10 games like all jjp games they take some learning so I think a casual player would walk away
The 2 things I don’t like are the complicated display in the back seems a little busy and hard to see what’s going on and the lack of actual film footage
I am also not over keen on the sound lots of repeated speech calls
As of most jjp people don’t seem to want the standard model and the le is preferred the ce is an absolute thing of beauty but I think you have to be a committed wonka fan to spend the extra money over an le on it

It’s one of, if not THE sweetest shooting games I’ve ever played.
I’d own one in a heartbeat if I could afford to.

I was thinking abut this today to and wonka looks awesome and i'd have one no problem!. I heard some people say it drains down the lhs alot, but i usually think that kind of comment just needs a 'suck it up and play better'.

I'd like to get a jjp game next i think for both tech support and variation in line up. My fav theme from jjp is hobbit and that game is awesome. Watching the trilogy of films is a great sunday activity to!! The only thing is being a wide body its massive and heavy!! Dialed in and wonka i've both enjoyed when i've played and narrow bodies look nice to. Also heard that if you have wonka then you dont need Dialed in or vise versa. Not sure how true that is.

Just wish my funds would support a jjp purchase, as i've just had to outlay for roof work and then chimney and dormer work straight after :( May need to cull some games!!

I was thinking abut this today to and wonka looks awesome and i'd have one no problem!. I heard some people say it drains down the lhs alot, but i usually think that kind of comment just needs a 'suck it up and play better'.

I'd like to get a jjp game next i think for both tech support and variation in line up. My fav theme from jjp is hobbit and that game is awesome. Watching the trilogy of films is a great sunday activity to!! The only thing is being a wide body its massive and heavy!! Dialed in and wonka i've both enjoyed when i've played and narrow bodies look nice to. Also heard that if you have wonka then you dont need Dialed in or vise versa. Not sure how true that is.

Just wish my funds would support a jjp purchase, as i've just had to outlay for roof work and then chimney and dormer work straight after :( May need to cull some games!!
Now the chimney is sorted Father Christmas can bring you a JJP in December . . . . I like your crafty way of thinking sir. 😎

I’m supposed be having 2 chimneys rebuilt, such a bummer. Hope Jim didn’t have them taken down then😂

Back
Top Bottom