What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted ANTI REFLECTIVE PDI OPTICAL GLASS STANDARD SIZE

CrisUK

Registered
Hi Guys,

I'm new here, found you while looking for anti reflective glass on Google. Seems like a great hang out!

I notice there was some brought into the UK last year, just asking on the off chance if anyone has a spare to sell.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Cris

Thanks for the links guys.

If I wanted to buy direct from Roman how do I contact him? Can't find any details anywhere. I have family in Germany so there might be a future chance of them driving some over.

Cheers

Cris

I have previous with bringing glass over to the UK for buyers as we're on the continent a lot playing competitive pinball.

I was going to ask the question about PDI glass too as I'd be interested in a few sheets, both wide and narrow body. Is there no way that Roman would ship to the UK, even for a largish volume?

I was going to ask the question about PDI glass too as I'd be interested in a few sheets, both wide and narrow body. Is there no way that Roman would ship to the UK, even for a largish volume?

I have asked Ministry of Pinball if they will ship the glass to the UK, they said "no problem" they confirm it isn't Roman Glass "but they are from Germany and probably from the same factory. Outstanding quality."

Works out expensive for one sheet with shipping, but I might consider it if I can't find any here in the UK already.

Cheers

Cris

There isn't any in the UK as far as I'm aware. The stuff from Ministry of Pinball looks all good in theory but it seems that not all anti glare glass is equal and Romans/PDI looks like its quite a bit better than anything else. Theres not much difference in price between them (all really expensive) so I think I'd rather know for sure it was the real deal before laying out coin.

I have asked Ministry of Pinball if they will ship the glass to the UK, they said "no problem" they confirm it isn't Roman Glass "but they are from Germany and probably from the same factory. Outstanding quality."

Works out expensive for one sheet with shipping, but I might consider it if I can't find any here in the UK already.

Cheers

Cris

Suggestion - Find out how much, shipped, they would charge for 1 piece, 5 pieces and 10 pieces. There are others on here that might be interested, and it might well work out cost effective for a bulk buy :)

Suggestion - Find out how much, shipped, they would charge for 1 piece, 5 pieces and 10 pieces. There are others on here that might be interested, and it might well work out cost effective for a bulk buy :)
Does anybody have an email address or contact details for Roman as I can't find his details anywhere? I'd like to find out costs and what the minimum number of sheets he'd want to ship over here too.

Roman will happily ship to the UK. A Crate is about 300 Euros shipped (including the crate) The glass is (roughly) 140 euros for standard and 150 euros for widebody. Minimum to make it cost effective is 20 sheets, bring in 40 and it will be cheap (ish) now that the Euro has tanked. The two times it has been brought in in volume (myself 4 years ago and @Megatron last year) it worked out at £135 per sheet

Thanks for the info Nick, those numbers don't work out too bad even for 20 sheets. I've just sent him an email so will be good to find out what the latest costs are. If its anything close to what you say I may see if can get a crate load into the country. :)

I work for the largest glass company in the world, and i'm going to do a bit of investigation but i think SGG Vision-lite is the same as PDI and invisiglass.
Need to find out how much our product is compared to the invis/pdi glass.

I work for the largest glass company in the world, and i'm going to do a bit of investigation but i think SGG Vision-lite is the same as PDI and invisiglass.
Need to find out how much our product is compared to the invis/pdi glass.

Roman's (PDI brand once exported to US) and Invisiglass definitely aren't the same. I have both, and Roman's is significantly better in anti glare properties - so much so I may replace the Invisiglass on my WOZ. Also, they have different colour casts - neither are totally colour neutral - but I find the colour cast on the Invisiglass is significantly more pronounced.

I thought the article I linked showed the comparison very well... obviously it twas not good enough so a video is needed... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom