What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another opto problem (trough)

Punk Stig

Registered
Right, playing judge dredd tonight, played a few normal games then played super game, suddenly it wouldn't register ball drains.
(the last week or so I noticed a delay to register ball drains but soon sorted and play continued!)
Opened her up, went into switch test trough 1 shows as closed with balls in.
Removed all balls and interrupted the sensor with a piece of card- nothing, however, passing it through the upper trough sensor would register trough 1 open, changed the test setting to upper trough and blocking the sensor again would register.
Switch edge mode blocking trough 1 - nothing, blocking upper trough you could see it flick quickly registering trough 1 then upper trough.
This makes play impossible as when pressing the credit button it just says pinball missing and therefore won't start a game!
So, one sensor not working, another registering as two.
I've reseated connectors to no avail.
Anybody had this or similar before?
Am I looking at just replacing the trough opto pcb?

Replaced both trough pcbs, still had the same problem, started following wires to the 'judge' drop targets, wiggling this connector fixed the trough issues but ended up finding out I had a dead opto in the drop targets, I've replaced this and now all works perfectly!

Back
Top Bottom