What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto wireless

jake52

Site Supporter
Alias
Ste
Anyone got Android Auto running wirelessly? My wife's new Ford Puma has android auto and she doesn't want the hassle of plugging in the usb cable. I don't see the big deal as the socket is right next to the charging pad where the phone sits but she says the cable is ugly and unnecessary. I've seen a few dongles on Amazon but wonder if anyone has any recommendations? By the way it's running Ford Sync 3.4 if that helps, I believe the newer version of Ford Sync used in the Mach-E already does do it wirelessly, but sadly not the puma as far as I can tell.

New Ford Puma??? They stopped making those as far as i knew a long while ago... I used to have one a long while ago... Awesome cars!

The puma is back! The 2021 one is a sort of mini SUV.
Not like the sort of ka/fiesta sporty crossover one from the early 2000s - which I always kind of liked....

They have also resurrected the Cougar - but to avoid any confusion with the original have called it a "Kuga" (is it just me are names of cars just getting silly now - and they mocked the Starion because of an urban myth about bad translation)..

Ive got an in car android head unit - but I mostly use bluetooth to connect to it - not sure you can do that with AA

I was looking at the new Yaris 4x4 cross hybrid that’s coming soon, looks ok. Still don’t think you can get a pin in with backbox on though.
Looks similar to the new Puma.

Back
Top Bottom