What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Pinball statement

I heard somebody say that Whitewater 2 might be on the cards with them, anyone else hear that?

Hopefully find out more early Thursday morning.

image.jpeg

I have been listening to plenty podcasts lately and reading some US posts, hope to hell it's not some food truck theme, that be Burger Van theme for us.

The more new games announced the better though, but needs to be something special and as nice and complete as Pulp Fiction to get my full attention.

Yeah a machine called Yukon Yeti has been mentioned before, a spiritual sequel to Whitewater I think they worded it.
AP are the Disney of the pinball world, flop after flop they learn nothing and continue their current course, good job like Disney, AP have deep pockets financing them loss after loss 😂

AP are the Disney of the pinball world, flop after flop they learn nothing and continue their current course, good job like Disney, AP have deep pockets financing them loss after loss 😂
Engineering wise they are everything Spooky isn't, on the money. Hw was awesome and lov gonzo said was good. They need a true killer game to push them into the light so people consider giving them a go.

I really like the look of their latest, Galactic tank force. And I have the Lunch box and Thermos on it's way over here to me, I see that williams Amusements have one so i'll be taking a look at that this week when i pop up there.

Engineering wise they are everything Spooky isn't, on the money. Hw was awesome and lov gonzo said was good. They need a true killer game to push them into the light so people consider giving them a go.

LOV was built like a tank but I enjoyed GTF even more as a game. It does actually have some glitches, but there is a software update out very soon. The tank glitch is an easy fix too I'd imagine, having read pinside. Some have an annoying rattle which I'd probably have fixed myself given a bit more time with the game.

I have been lucky enough to have Godfather, Elton and GTF here recently. Whilst EJ was the best shooter, Tank Force was probably the most fun and engaging through the modes.

It will be the release after next which will be most intriguing for AP. The one coming imminently has been really difficult for the company because Barry Oursler started the project and sadly passed away meaning someone else had to take over his project.

Added to that they lost their lead technician, but they've just made a new appointment and it does look like a hive of activity at the HQ rather than somewhere which is slowing down.

I really like the design team of Nordman, Petrowski and Franchi and believe they can create a decent game (whenever theirs is released).

They'll have to get it right though because the standard is so high and there is so much competition now.

When I played someone’s Hot Wheels at Pinfest couple of years ago in the comp.
Thought it was great, felt really solid.

@Gonzo I watched your video on GTF and really enjoyed it. I think the reason i love GTF i because all the parts that come with it to make it look, well, like a tank! and the child in me says oh yes!
I also like the look of Revenge from Mars that williams brought out as a last ditch effort, and i think that may well be the machine i go for next.
It's good we have these companies trying different things but, a lot of the time that doesn't translate into Profit unfortunately.

@Gonzo I watched your video on GTF and really enjoyed it. I think the reason i love GTF i because all the parts that come with it to make it look, well, like a tank! and the child in me says oh yes!
I also like the look of Revenge from Mars that williams brought out as a last ditch effort, and i think that may well be the machine i go for next.
It's good we have these companies trying different things but, a lot of the time that doesn't translate into Profit unfortunately.

Morning Neil, I'll try and get another video up today mate.

I got pretty immersed in the gameplay to be honest. I still prefer Pulp Fiction and Elton but given a choice between Jaws and GTF it would be close.

The shots on GTF are pretty basic, but there is a lot of innovation going on and the deflector shield magnet incorporating in the game is genius.

It's expensive though. However, if you do decide to buy contact @philpalmer at Pinball Heaven because he has some in stock and this unit is going back to PH HQ today.

Quick climb of Mt Snowdon and a cheeky jog down the Llanberis Pass and you'll almost be in Preston 😂😉

Seriously though, I'll try and get that video up today mate.

Morning Neil, I'll try and get another video up today mate.

I got pretty immersed in the gameplay to be honest. I still prefer Pulp Fiction and Elton but given a choice between Jaws and GTF it would be close.

The shots on GTF are pretty basic, but there is a lot of innovation going on and the deflector shield magnet incorporating in the game is genius.

It's expensive though. However, if you do decide to buy contact @philpalmer at Pinball Heaven because he has some in stock and this unit is going back to PH HQ today.

Quick climb of Mt Snowdon and a cheeky jog down the Llanberis Pass and you'll almost be in Preston 😂😉

Seriously though, I'll try and get that video up today mate.
And it will be a cheeky jog mate with these stupid 20mph laws they put in here in Wales! I would say i wish i was back in London but that's even worse 🤣
Anyway I look forward to seeing your next Video, Cheers mate and keep up the good work.

+1 for GTF ! Was expecting to dislike it. Loved it.
Did you buy one Phil?

Did anyone else buy a GTF for its engineering or build quality? This seems to be the problem with AP that I was making fun of with my Disney comment above, they continue to produce games that no one cares about and just do not sell, yet continue to double down on the same tactics release after release.

Did you buy one Phil?

Did anyone else buy a GTF for its engineering or build quality? This seems to be the problem with AP that I was making fun of with my Disney comment above, they continue to produce games that no one cares about and just do not sell, yet continue to double down on the same tactics release after release.

No. I have a Pulp Fiction on order. My once deep pockets are quite shallow now.

AP are like Spooky in a lot of ways.

The games work fine in a home situation but on site a royal pain the backside.

Houdini when in tilt was forever breaking down.

Oktoberfest is a great game, Halloween too.

I really do not like anything on 'Fast' or 'Proc' technology going onto site.

Think AP build quality is a bit better than Spooky.

I really do not like anything on 'Fast' or 'Proc' technology going onto site.
Couldn't have said it better myself mate... AP is still using PROC boards asfaik.

Interesting remour mill, ap going under has been banded about for years, but when you walk the factory tour, you see that they are propped up by a massive electronics company, so they aint going under unless that company gets bored with its tax right off...

Christ what a whinger he is.

I assume when he says "don't waste your time watching this stream" he's referring to his own content?
Cary is a good fella, he plays up the theatrics for the videos but he is genuinely frustrated with AP like most of us, because we all want AP to succeed but they must have no direction.

A 2 hour stream to tell people they have hired 2 new employees, spent 100s of 1000s of dollars on a new board system but it’s not for GTF.

The stream needed to have a genuine special announcement and should have been a Q&A interaction with viewers, it just continues to show out of touch Fix is and without Aimtrons money AP, Fix would have buried AP by now.

I don't even think AP have made the stream available after
The playfield camera was out of focus, it was amateur hour at best. Fix has not got a clue. It’s looking highly likely food truck will be their next release at this rate 😂

Back
Top Bottom