What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon scam alert - delivery charges

DAD

Site Supporter
Alias
David Dutton
I use a lot of cotton buds when working on my games, and I needed to restock

This seemed like a good deal, although I was wary that they imposed a maximum quantity of 2 and had only 1 seller feedback (of 5*)

Still with free delivery it seemed like I had nothing to lose so I added it to my basket with some other items

When I went to checkout I was surprised how high my delivery charge looked - and when I investigated I found that the free delivery had disappeared and I was now being charged £29.99 for delivery :eek:

It looks like fraudulent sellers have found a way to change the delivery charge between the item page and the basket

I imagine if that is happening here it may pop up in other places too so keep an eye on the delivery charge when buying, especially if things look unusually cheap

1680260957182.png

Johnsons are all cardboard and degradable too but I like the idea of bamboo for other projects.

I have seen this before, it is usually because of the way the products are supplied to Amazon. The company fulfilling the order have added on this charge. But checking my Amazon, I can't see the option you found, so I wonder it if was quickly removed.

I get frustrated with Amazon Prime. Free next day or same day delivery but if you click buy now it goes into paid 2 day+ delivery.
I need to put it in the bloody basket and then click buy.
I’ve fallen for that one more often than I should have.

Johnsons are all cardboard and degradable too but I like the idea of bamboo for other projects.

I have seen this before, it is usually because of the way the products are supplied to Amazon. The company fulfilling the order have added on this charge. But checking my Amazon, I can't see the option you found, so I wonder it if was quickly removed.
It's still there, same seller and max order quantity, but at a slightly higher price (£0.79) - still changes delivery from free to £29.99 when you put it in your basket

Very odd. I can see it via that link.
I suspect this is an Amazon glitch rather than nefarious activity. But it is a ridiculous delivery cost from any country in the World (LTD).
Business Address:
11a Castle Meadow
NORWICH
England
NR1 3DE
GB

Speaking of delivery charges, I refused to authorise a number of invoices for a company we use in the NHS, amongst the issues we're delivery charges.

It got to the stage they were threatening legal action (invoices were well over 100k in total) and there was a Teams meeting with representatives from their Head Offfice, Managing Director, Finance etc. Along with similar from our end.

When I queried as to why we were getting a £550 delivery charge for an instrument set (20kg ish) I was told "that's what our courier charges". I pressed them further as to where it was being delivered from. After a pause someone rather sheepishly said Swindon.
I told her they should just be using Uber! They waived all historic delivery and hire charges 😀

During my time working alongside Dunlop, we would ship Aircraft wheels all around the country for a flat fee of £4.25 (although that was over 15years ago)

They are deforesting for agrifarming not to make wooden cotton buds.

IIRC The soil is pretty poor so won't be good after a couple of seasons it needs the forest mat for composting effect.
actually It’s both.

And single use is fine also, as Wayne says, if it’s disposed of correctly. It’s better than something that doesn’t work when you factor in the energy that it takes. as for the sea - at current population growth rates the sea will be empty soon, just as well really as we will need somewhere to dump used lithium cells.

Place to report price scams

actually It’s both.

And single use is fine also, as Wayne says, if it’s disposed of correctly. It’s better than something that doesn’t work when you factor in the energy that it takes. as for the sea - at current population growth rates the sea will be empty soon, just as well really as we will need somewhere to dump used lithium cells.
I'd laugh if it wasnt so true.......!!

I laughed as not a single thing in that list is true. They are opinions, wrong or tropes.

Brazil has had a long history of encouraging the destruction of the Amazon and justifies it as feeding its people and giving them land to farm. The by-product is cheap wood, so wood is often counted as WHAT is done but isn’t the WHY. The WHY is extremely broad, from exploiting resources to occupying land to control.

Single use is not fine when it isn’t recycled and doesn’t decompose. Plastic straws are cost prohibitive to recycle, so few of them are. The alternatives for cotton buds, this threads topic, work just fine.

The sea being empty of creatures will be a ecological disaster. Let’s not let that happen as I suspect humans will be impacted by such a change.

Lithium battery recycling is ramping up. Can we support it as worthwhile and more productive that recycling of plastic straws.

I use a lot of cotton buds when working on my games, and I needed to restock

This seemed like a good deal, although I was wary that they imposed a maximum quantity of 2 and had only 1 seller feedback (of 5*)

Still with free delivery it seemed like I had nothing to lose so I added it to my basket with some other items

When I went to checkout I was surprised how high my delivery charge looked - and when I investigated I found that the free delivery had disappeared and I was now being charged £29.99 for delivery :eek:

It looks like fraudulent sellers have found a way to change the delivery charge between the item page and the basket

I imagine if that is happening here it may pop up in other places too so keep an eye on the delivery charge when buying, especially if things look unusually cheap

View attachment 198092
Thank you for the warning. These barstewards are gettin everywhere now

I laughed as not a single thing in that list is true. They are opinions, wrong or tropes.

Brazil has had a long history of encouraging the destruction of the Amazon and justifies it as feeding its people and giving them land to farm. The by-product is cheap wood, so wood is often counted as WHAT is done but isn’t the WHY. The WHY is extremely broad, from exploiting resources to occupying land to control.

Single use is not fine when it isn’t recycled and doesn’t decompose. Plastic straws are cost prohibitive to recycle, so few of them are. The alternatives for cotton buds, this threads topic, work just fine.

The sea being empty of creatures will be a ecological disaster. Let’s not let that happen as I suspect humans will be impacted by such a change.

Lithium battery recycling is ramping up. Can we support it as worthwhile and more productive that recycling of plastic straws.

Sorry dood but what isn't true? I've been recycling plastics for a long time. And the destruction of the Amazon rain forest has an insane impact on the environment about par to Britain's unsustainable actions.

I feel I put in a reasonable amount of information to counter your points. Some of mine are opinions too.

Back
Top Bottom