What's new

Alternative spinners that fit AP

SeikoKid

Site Supporter
Im finding the spinners either rest at an angle that allows the ball to pass without activating them and when they are hit the spin is minimal. The height in general that the spinner sits at is at the uppermost portion of the ball height too. Im asking the knowlagebase here if there is any alternative spinner ( maybe just the revolving plate ) that will retro fit into an AP machine. Looking at my TNA the bracket looks similar yet the plate is more rectangular in a vertical position and this creates a lot of spin, also is rests perfectly upright

Thanks people

Attachments

• IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 20
It’s mounted too high off the playfield - it’s not weighted either so doesn’t sit vertical when resting hence the ball just going under without activating
if i bend it then it won’t site level

I’d rather not stick some blu tack on a £12k game

But the idea of weighting it properly is helpful

• Haha
Reactions: JT.
It’s mounted too high off the playfield - it’s not weighted either so doesn’t sit vertical when resting hence the ball just going under without activating
if i bend it then it won’t site level
Depends which way you bend it (not meant as a sarcastic comment).

If you bend it one way it will make the spinner sit more horizontal, bend it the other way and it'll sit more vertical.

I had the exact same issue on my IMdn. The problem is once it starts to sit more horizontal the ball hits the leading edge of the spinner bending the wire even more and making the issue worse. Should just be a simple matter of trial and error as to how much bending you require.

That and also adding a tiniest drop of 3in1 oil to the axle so it spins more freely and also returns to vertical after spinning.

i was assuming you are talking about bending the frame it sits in - are you taking about bending something else ? i can’t see what as that would affect the spin no ?

Why not try 3D Printing a new mounting bracket for the spinner?

i was assuming you are talking about bending the frame it sits in - are you taking about bending something else ? i can’t see what as that would affect the spin no ?
No, you hold the frame in one hand, spinner in the other and push the spinner forward slightly - this will bend the arms that hold the spinner onto the bracket and will affect how it sits at rest. Very quick & easy to find the sweet spot where it’ll sit straight. (Just need trial & error to work out if the spinner needs to be pulled forward or pushed back)

Last edited:
It's bending the axle/wire the spinner sits on which will change the resting orientation of the spinner - it only takes a minimal amount to change whether it sits vertically or not.

Alright. thank you for this info. I have done the repairs which I found to need some effort in bending the spinner into alignment. Then I had to reshape the hanging bracket as that got distorted from the force needed. There are 2 spinners in this game and one required me to remove some plastics. I think I still need to fiddle with the microswitch on that one. @Wayne J I have been using silicone spray lubricant for TNA which works well but eventually fades away. I guess this is with the 3in1 too ?

But thanks again guys, great help here and problem hopefully solved

Attachments

• IMG_7488.jpeg
    IMG_7488.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7489.jpeg
    IMG_7489.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 13
@Wayne J I have been using silicone spray lubricant for TNA which works well but eventually fades away. I guess this is with the 3in1 too
Silicon spray works well also, the only problem is directing it exactly where you want it. Spraying a cotton bud (well away from the machine) and then using that to apply will solve that problem.

Apply 3in1 the same way, it won't last forever, but you'll definitely notice the difference once you've applied it.

Back
Top Bottom