What's new

Alternative shaker motor

gunner007

Registered
I'm looking for a non brand name shaker motor.
I'm working on a mod for a whirlwind.
Inexpensive mod.
I've tried a massage chair motor but it was more vibration than shake.

There pretty much the same price, pinsound do one., which might be a little cheaper

There pretty much the same price, pinsound do one., which might be a little cheaper
I know that but it's a simple electric motor. That costs about $10. 12v massage chair motor Is $20 but vibrates more than shakes
That's what I'm looking for. I don't want to buy a comercial unit.

why non brand? just use a Stern one. If you want the williams soec its a Johnson motor 3800 rpm, 1a start up 0.5a running. They are no longer available.

Stern use a multiproducts motor that is not available to the public.

I've tried a massage chair motor but it was more vibration than shake.

It's my understanding that the vibration/shake comes from the fact that the weights are spinning while not perfectly balanced.

The 3 main factors to control the degree of shake would be

RPM
Mass of weights
How unbalanced/off-centre the weights are mounted

Can you not change any one of these 3 with your chair massager vibrator?

Scotland is a bit of a distance from Canada. Lol
LOL But I will say its worth the trip for the golf IMO. I know its UK based but why not discuss pins with people from around the world. I've been amazed at things I've read from people from around the world. Australia has some great pin forums as well. and products.

It's my understanding that the vibration/shake comes from the fact that the weights are spinning while not perfectly balanced.

RPM
Mass of weights

WOW you know what I never thought of opening it up. That is my project of the day. If that does it I will have a total cost of about $50 Cad for a shaker mod. Thats about $25pounds.

why non brand? just use a Stern one. If you want the williams soec its a Johnson motor 3800 rpm, 1a start up 0.5a running. They are no longer available.

Stern use a multiproducts motor that is not available to the public.
Because like I said, the cost to add a kit is about $400usd and even more difficult to find one that works on a WW. Its about finding an inexpensive solution.

That's a mfa como drills unit. I tried it but it was too fast and drew too much current. You could probably add a resistor to fix that.
I have added a generic PWM speed control board (some chinese brand from ebay, Amazon,aliexpress,..) to lower the speed/force of the shaker

RPM
Mass of weights

Well holy sht, thanks a lot. Sometime the most obvious solution is the one you don't think about. I moved 1 weight off center and tada. I have an amazing $20CAD shaker motor.

Well holy sht, thanks a lot. Sometime the most obvious solution is the one you don't think about. I moved 1 weight off center and tada. I have an amazing $20CAD shaker motor.
Time to grab hold of as many as you can buy, make the modification then start selling for $150CAD 🤑💰💰

Or even better, give me the details, I'll get them shipped over here and make the mods myself :)

Time to grab hold of as many as you can buy, make the modification then start selling for $150CAD 🤑💰💰

Or even better, give me the details, I'll get them shipped over here and make the mods myself :)
There are times to make money and times to better the community. This is a better the community time for me. I just share some 3D stl files for Iron Maiden light tree for the same reason. People selling them for $35usd each. took me 1hr to design a simple one and about 50cents to print it. Just my opinion I guess. But I do sell pinball glass covers because they take time and costs. 440327959_1822736868226538_278381097098381679_n.jpg

There are times to make money and times to better the community. This is a better the community time for me. I just share some 3D stl files for Iron Maiden light tree for the same reason. People selling them for $35usd each. took me 1hr to design a simple one and about 50cents to print it. Just my opinion I guess. But I do sell pinball glass covers because they take time and costs.
The comment was tongue in cheek, but I agree completely - that's why the flipper cooling units I sell are £65 and not $130 (probably from the same supplier you're talking about) Similar with lightblades, how Pinstadium can justify such a price is mind boggling, almost as much a people paying that price for them.

Back
Top Bottom