What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ALL AFMR OWNERS READ THIS

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Doug just posted on pinside....

AFMR ONLY:
As I mentioned to a customer on the phone today, when it comes to service, we don’t necessarily have all the answers. As we move forward, it takes a collection of service tickets before we can piece together a trend that then leads to a resolution. In all cases, we at CGC are committed to correcting these concerns. We discovered a software glitch in the PIC that controls our solenoid driver board. While you might try setting down the power on your flippers, the fact remains that these settings are currently having little to no change on the flippers. Our software team has already corrected the problem, and we are testing the new software with a few select customers. Before we do any massive distribution, we want to thoroughly test the update. This might take a few more weeks, and we ask that you be patient as we start to distribute the PIC’s. In the meantime, there will be NO need for you to enter a service ticket at this time in order to obtain the update. Please wait for further instructions. However, we are going to ask that all customers immediately return their software settings to DEFAULT. We have found that if you are using the lower range of settings that it is likely that you will blow one of the FET’s on the Solenoid Driver Board.

Doug just posted on pinside....

AFMR ONLY:
As I mentioned to a customer on the phone today, when it comes to service, we don’t necessarily have all the answers. As we move forward, it takes a collection of service tickets before we can piece together a trend that then leads to a resolution. In all cases, we at CGC are committed to correcting these concerns. We discovered a software glitch in the PIC that controls our solenoid driver board. While you might try setting down the power on your flippers, the fact remains that these settings are currently having little to no change on the flippers. Our software team has already corrected the problem, and we are testing the new software with a few select customers. Before we do any massive distribution, we want to thoroughly test the update. This might take a few more weeks, and we ask that you be patient as we start to distribute the PIC’s. In the meantime, there will be NO need for you to enter a service ticket at this time in order to obtain the update. Please wait for further instructions. However, we are going to ask that all customers immediately return their software settings to DEFAULT. We have found that if you are using the lower range of settings that it is likely that you will blow one of the FET’s on the Solenoid Driver Board.
Thanks Neil
Is that just for flippers or other settings like slings too?

seems to be flippers but I've done them all until I hear more.

Yes I’ve fallen victim to this on Thursday

Less than an hour of play as been away over Xmas

Put the flippers down low to -22 as felt they were too strong and the right flipper has totally gone

I have not even seen an AFMR yet, so make no comments about it.

But buying NIB pinballs nowadays seems akin to paying a dominatrix. Middle aged men handing over a load of money in exchange for tricky logistics, pain, generally being ****ed up the *rse, and often needing to concoct stories for their wives.

Perhaps you are better sticking to the old girl you already have inside your house. My 1970s paragon has flippers that actually work. You press a button, it makes a circuit, 40 year old coils and wires do stuff. The game performs as god intended. If I don't like what the flippers do, I can bend leaf springs to adjust them. No air balls, no blown boards (as the flippers don't even go through a board).

With these NIBs - things aren't as straightforward as that

I have not even seen an AFMR yet, so make no comments about it.

But buying NIB pinballs nowadays seems akin to paying a dominatrix. Middle aged men handing over a load of money in exchange for tricky logistics, pain, generally being ****ed up the *rse, and often needing to concoct stories for their wives.

Perhaps you are better sticking to the old girl you already have inside your house. My 1970s paragon has flippers that actually work. You press a button, it makes a circuit, 40 year old coils and wires do stuff. The game performs as god intended. If I don't like what the flippers do, I can bend leaf springs to adjust them. No air balls, no blown boards (as the flippers don't even go through a board).

With these NIBs - things aren't as straightforward as that

Of course none of those 70's girls had any problems ;) I seem to remember a Bally bulletin on paragon about changing from linear flippers? or was that for later games?

In my view CGC have been upfront and honest, compared to others who hide the fact they have a major failure on their boards in an obscure place on their website. Whilst people swap board after board wondering wtf? CGC need a better method of getting Comms out though, a post on pin side isn't enough.

None of these manufacturers are perfect... not even Bally or Williams from what I read at least.

Bally WMS were not perfect, that bubble needs bursting and rejoining the real world.

Perhaps you are better sticking to the old girl you already have inside your house....

.....and there we have a window into Daves life.....:eek:

Bally Williams is not a fair comparison as the sales would have been to businesses mainly, and so if someone is buying several of every game they would have more clout, like Pinball heaven now.
Even the best customers with deep pockets wouldn’t buy most titles now, and so a different service exists.

Just had a call from Doug at CG my new solenoid board with updated firmware is going In the post today.

Only logged the ticket with them yesterday on New Year’s Day so got to say I’m very impressed with the service

Just had a call from Doug at CG my new solenoid board with updated firmware is going In the post today.

Only logged the ticket with them yesterday on New Year’s Day so got to say I’m very impressed with the service
How did you get a ticket mate as I need to go direct to sort out my damaged back box and no manual. I logged on but it says I have no ticket.

Back
Top Bottom