What's new

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Wait is Zombie Yeti on art for this? This could be incredible, seems like a match made in heaven with the theme

If any of you guys are struggling with the theme and want to try Godzilla a little more then Shin Godzilla is a very intelligent and somewhat bizarre take on modern Kaiju. It kind of goes back to its routes, much more of a commentary about Japanese response to foreign influence, Fukushima and the Tsunami than a daft monster movie. Still has some epic Kaiju stuff though. It's totally bonkers.

PXL_20210902_084257819.jpg

If you want daft monster movie honestly I'd probably start with the newer American takes which aren't great, especially KOTM but they're much more accessible than the Showa era stuff that people recommend for newbies. Obviously avoid the Roland Emmerich one like the plague, it's Godzilla in name only and is a shockingly bad take on the genre!

Where's this teaser?

I've been oiled up and ready for three days now and quite frankly I'm starting to get bored.

A teaser for a game that has been known about for months :)

I bet Spooky has mixed feelings seeing this.
I would not imagine so, the more professional builders do what they do. Stern, CGC and spooky will not be spending much time on internet forums.

It is only the people like Robert from Deep-rot and Andrew Heighway that spend too much time concentrating on forums.

Do not think stern have anything to worry about either. They know Keith has plenty of fans who will order this game because it is him designing it. He has a proven track record. I bet the LE's will fly out again.

I do find it strange that Stern have not left a bigger gap between Mando and this.

A teaser for a game that has been known about for months :)

I would not imagine so, the more professional builders do what they do. Stern, CGC and spooky will not be spending much time on internet forums.

It is only the people like Robert from Deep-rot and Andrew Heighway that spend too much time concentrating on forums.

Do not think stern have anything to worry about either. They know Keith has plenty of fans who will order this game because it is him designing it. He has a proven track record. I bet the LE's will fly out again.

I do find it strange that Stern have not left a bigger gap between Mando and this.
Same deal for TMNT no sooner had they started to be shipped they announced AIQ I’m not sure how their marketing works as Turtles somehow got quickly forgotten as Mando will.
I think they grabbing everyone’s extra savings they can before this free furthough money evaporate’s 😂
Luxury’s like pinballs will be at the bottom of the list if interest rate’s begin to creep up as let’s face it the piper needs to be paid to somehow pay back all the billons of debt we’ve accrued.

Same deal for TMNT no sooner had they started to be shipped they announced AIQ I’m not sure how their marketing works as Turtles somehow got quickly forgotten as Mando will.
I think they grabbing everyone’s extra savings they can before this free furthough money evaporate’s 😂
Luxury’s like pinballs will be at the bottom of the list if interest rate’s begin to creep up as let’s face it the piper needs to be paid to somehow pay back all the billons of debt we’ve accrued.

That's not how you spell trillions mate 😉

Omg. The second the theme music kicked in my hype levels went off the charts. Proper Toho Godzilla is an incredible theme. I thought for sure we'd have Vera Farmiga and that annoying girl from Stranger Things running about the LCD in some tedious melodrama.

This is now an elite theme. I hope the Pro/Premium/LE are represented by different Kaiju. If there's a King Ghidorah LE or something it'll be amazing. I want Godzilla nuclear breath RGB LEDs across the playfield Smaug style too.

Also, this kicking in for multiball is an absolute must.

Same market as last year tmnt announced then 4 weeks later aiq as Colin said
can’t see mando fading away like turtles as for me and commercially it’s the better theame
Production is going to be interesting though do they have the parts I suspect they will do and the pro will be on the production line on Monday it would be a better option to delay the 3rd game this year and concentrate on the 6000 game back order they have and get distributors a variety of stock for Christmas

Omg. The second the theme music kicked in my hype levels went off the charts. Proper Toho Godzilla is an incredible theme.
You know, all these years and I never realised where this tune came from until I listened to your link👍
Warning adult content!

You know, all these years and I never realised where this tune came from until I listened to your link👍
Warning adult content!
My gf LOVES Pharoahe Monch, saw him live with Vinnie Paz and everything. Great tune. The line 'girls, rub on your t*****s' always cracks me up

Glad it’s a classic theme rather than the ****show of the recent Godzilla movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Excuse my ignorance, probably my age, but is Godzilla really a big deal for the UK market. When I think of Godzilla I just think of crap stop motion animation, the Godzilla and Godzooky cartoon and a couple of so-so films. I know there's a cult following and Forbidden planet customers lap it up, but it does appear niche. I know pinball theming is very subjective and being an Elwyn game this will no doubt be amazing but it's something that just passed me by.

Back
Top Bottom