What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien SV mod (I have no idea what it is).

RetroGamingBlog

Registered
Hi all,

I have been really enjoying my first pin. I have a mod that was supplied with it, but I have no idea what it is or where it goes? Can anyone here please help point me in the right direction. I’d like to understand it better so I can get this fitted appropriately.

I see no details anywhere about this item. I was informed mypinballs created it, but I can’t find any info or received a response.

Thanks in advance. IMG_7806.jpegIMG_7807.jpeg

Fantastic game 👍🏻 the one I used to have came with that unfitted too; IIRC it's to increase the likelihood of smooth rolls down to the upper right flipper to line up the hypersleep ramp shot, but I found I didn't need it, so left it off. I know many did benefit from the mod though, so not dismissing it 👍

Fantastic game 👍🏻 the one I used to have came with that unfitted too; IIRC it's to increase the likelihood of smooth rolls down to the upper right flipper to line up the hypersleep ramp shot, but I found I didn't need it, so left it off. I know many did benefit from the mod though, so not dismissing it 👍
This is your old table. Purchased from Chris. :)

It’s a dream pin for me and and my first. One I plan on holding onto for many years.

This is super helpful. Thank you.

I’ll delve a bit deeper if poss to understand if this is required still. I haven’t experienced an issue I’m aware of so I’m not 100% if it’s required. But I know where it goes now and that’s perfect.
Hi - If your game doesn't require this, I'd be happy to buy off you as I'd like the magnet to engage a little more often on my Ripley edition.
Not sure if Jim @myPinballs still produces this with not having the game now.

Cheers

Hi - If your game doesn't require this, I'd be happy to buy off you as I'd like the magnet to engage a little more often on my Ripley edition.
Not sure if Jim @myPinballs still produces this with not having the game now.

Cheers
I recently got one off Jim so I’m sure he’ll have more. IMO it’s definitely a mod to install 👍

Hi all,

I have been really enjoying my first pin. I have a mod that was supplied with it, but I have no idea what it is or where it goes? Can anyone here please help point me in the right direction. I’d like to understand it better so I can get this fitted appropriately.

I see no details anywhere about this item. I was informed mypinballs created it, but I can’t find any info or received a response.

Thanks in advance. View attachment 247079View attachment 247080
Lol

Yes I made it

Yes it’s still needed

Yes I still make them

Has anyone fitted this successfully on a Ripley version ? Either the guide holes have been moved from the SV/LV or I’m being an idiot

7F520685-4FAF-4FD7-A3C8-A13BD8C70378.jpeg

I don’t think they would have moved any hole on the RV playfields as they are are the same on all models.

I would try and bend the guide slightly at the top towards the right.

I don’t think they would have moved any hole on the RV playfields as they are are the same on all models.

Actually saying that, your PF does looking slightly different from my LV.

On yours you can see the where they removed some of the artwork around the post when on mine they didn’t. So maybe the holes are ever so slightly different 🤔

IMG_0182.jpeg

Thanks @Ant-H I’ve messaged Jim as the holes on the mod match the original plastic block on the game so it’s definitely the metal guide side which has something different either on my game (wonky lane) or Ripley holes are slightly different there.
I did try and move that over by loosing the 3 screws but it’s as far right as it’ll go, I’m reluctant to try and bend due to the ramp welding points on this game already being considered weak based.

😂 actually I’ve removed the lane guide and the metal is so soft I can manipulate it quite easily in my palms. Hopefully some tweaking with that and it’ll do the trick, probs just my game then. Sorry @myPinballs thanks @Ant-H

Bending should be fine as the guides one piece and the mounting tabs are folded so your only be bending it at the fold.

Another option is to sand a couple of mm off the corner of the mod?

😂 actually I’ve removed the lane guide and the metal is so soft I can manipulate it quite easily in my palms. Hopefully some tweaking with that and it’ll do the trick, probs just my game then. Sorry @myPinballs thanks @Ant-H
😂 You saw that before I could reply .
Bending it by the top mounting tab should do it. Hopfully that will sort it 👍

Still pretty closey, the rubber is now the tightest point (1mm at best)
0F77193D-86FE-4786-95A1-993CF8076564.jpeg

hmmmmm, seems abit too close really. pretty sure there was more gap originally. i'll dig out my pics from installing on an lv model (which is what i had)

Well, this would be interesting wouldn't it!! admitting what i said all along... hahaha

It also looks like it creates more playfield space to the right of the magnet as well, compared to Ant-H's where it appears to be almost inline with the edge of the magnet.

Back
Top Bottom