What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Pinball Brothers Owners Club - MU-TH-UR!

s000m

Site Supporter
Alias
Scott
Hey all,

Doesn't appear to be an owners club on the forum for the machine so I thought i'd start one.

Will be documenting the changes, updates and adding a few videos over the weekend and beyond.

Will be updating this evening with pictures and some special ordered protectors from @Colywobbles.

Feel free to share your experiences or any questions you may have around the pin.

Cheers,

Scott

less and less everytime s000m posts with the next thing that broke on it :D :D :D

Just been replacing the early generic flipper bats that shipped with the first 30 or so pins with the new Pinball Brothers branded flippers.

Two reasons for this:

1. The first gen ones actually had a manufacturing fault and can snap between the post and bat.
2. They added the logo's which look way better IMO.

1631882212005.png

Plastics arrived back all safe and sound, thanks very much @Colywobbles !

Just got to add one more flipper bat in and then onto new rubbers, followed by your plastic protectors and the plastics themselves. Going to be a long day.
1631882263500.png

How much support are you getting from Pinball Brothers or Pinball Bazaar Scott?
Are you have to spend out a lot or are they providing stuff under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much support are you getting from Pinball Brothers or Pinball Bazaar Scott?
Are you have to spend out a lot or are they providing stuff under warranty?

Cato at Pinball Brothers has been fantastic to be honest.

On its way to me arriving Tuesday is a care package consisting of replacement drop targets, pinball flippers (I ordered ahead of time seperately eslewhere as I want to actually play the game this weekend) and a new playfield.

As some of you know the playfield was damaged during the show at Pinfest. Pinball Brothers have shipped me a new one FOC. I will need to fit it myself but I will likely do this another time as I lack the tools and maybe guts to take on a full swap at this time.

I get responses to any queries I have within a day or tops two days which is very quick compared to other companies I've used so far in the pinball scene.

I'm confident i'll have a fully operational pin by Saturday.

On its way to me arriving Tuesday is a care package consisting of replacement drop targets, pinball flippers (I ordered ahead of time seperately eslewhere as I want to actually play the game this weekend) and a new playfield.

As some of you know the playfield was damaged during the show at Pinfest. Pinball Brothers have shipped me a new one FOC. I will need to fit it myself but I will likely do this another time as I lack the tools and maybe guts to take on a full swap at this time.

I get responses to any queries I have within a day or tops two days which is very quick compared to other companies I've used so far in the pinball scene.

I'm confident i'll have a fully operational pin by Saturday.

Very good news mate [emoji106][emoji106]

Is your machine simply a bad egg? How have the other Pinball Brothers versions been holding up for people?

PXL_20210917_134504281.jpg
Flippers in...
Almost all rubbers replaced. Some still looked as new likely due to low ball travel areas.

Next up the plastics..

Is your machine simply a bad egg? How have the other Pinball Brothers versions been holding up for people?
It was an early run machine with first gen mechs, flippers and posts. All have been rectified in future runs hence the care package to address all the issues found since launch.

Honestly I will buy from Pinball Brothers again if they release another license. They have been truly great.

It was an early run machine with first gen mechs, flippers and posts. All have been rectified in future runs hence the care package to address all the issues found since launch.

Honestly I will buy from Pinball Brothers again if they release another license. They have been truly great.

Apart from to all the people they fleeced and yes it was PB who did the fleecing, 2 years after they took over the company they had been funding most of the way through. That company wasn't well managed but not only did that happen on their watch, they then stripped the assets and basically stole quite a number of people's money.

Hey @s000m - great to hear that you have a lot of support for PB, Cato is blinking great. Just wanted to update on what we have been involved with this side and why you are currently dealing with Cato at this stage.

- The replacement playfield was agreed by us prior you taking the machine from pinfest, this was something we did to ensure you were happy. PB aren't unilaterally swapping playfields out at this stage.
- We also reduced the price of the game further, to leave the playfield in the machine due to the chip being about 2mm. If not we would have had an engineer swap the PF out. I recomended taking the cash and I still think that's the right option. Put the PF on the wall - it'll look gorgeous.
- You were added to our distributor support ticketing, due to the parts shortage there is no UK stock of spares at the moment, so it was better to get directly from Italy. Direct from Cato. That's how all distros including cointaker etc. are having to do it at the moment. All ticketing is being managed by PB at the moment anyway, as they want to see what the trends are for issues. For UK parts, we are still waiting on how and when we can get these, I imagine this will be with shipment 1.

As always, please keep me in the loop on anything outside of what PB are supplying parts wise (flippers for example) and I can get sent, I know you wanted the plastics done whilst waiting on other bits etc.

Keep up the posting, it's looking like one of the most pimped PB Aliens around already!

Hi James,

Yes, my bad here focus has been on Pinball Brothers a bit here. Just trying to relay my experiences with the company to let people know.

Regarding the playfield, James is right they won't be unilaterally replacing playfield's left, right and centre. It was mainly down to James and the circumstances of how the damage occured that the playfield got sorted.

It's actually been covered over at Pinside. The post sits just above the flipper mech and doesn't have much room for a decent sized nut to hold it in. Hence why it came loose. Likely in transport.

Again something that's being addressed in new runs.

Hi James,

Yes, my bad here focus has been on Pinball Brothers a bit here. Just trying to relay my experiences with the company to let people know.

Regarding the playfield, James is right they won't be unilaterally replacing playfield's left, right and centre. It was mainly down to James and the circumstances of how the damage occured that the playfield got sorted.

It's actually been covered over at Pinside. The post sits just above the flipper mech and doesn't have much room for a decent sized nut to hold it in. Hence why it came loose. Likely in transport.

Again something that's being addressed in new runs.

Rightly too mate, Pinball Brothers get a bad rep for what’s been before and things I am not sure we (maybe some do), truly know the ins and outs of what happened.

I act with how I find. PB have been great. Cato is great. Done what they’d say they’d do when they said they would and delivered. Lets be honest, we spoke with PB, Explained the situation and the remedy. They delivered.

so basically they know they are shipping out ****e Marco playfields and its luck of the draw or dependant if Cato got his balls tickled on if you get one?! why anyone would entertain this **** show is beyond me.

Completely not that. I’d suggest re read what happened and come back and try again.

Categorically NOT a pooling issue resulting in chipping.

Back
Top Bottom