What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket boards - XPin, Rottendog, others?

Dinsdale

Site Supporter
Hi all

Looking to possibly replace my DE PSB after I took it off and got a shock at some previous hacks that had been done. Think it may be best to replace for best performance. There is a slight issue with GI and previous owner said he had experienced some resets (admittedly this has only happened to me once).

Have been researching and the general consensus is Xpin do the best boards. Rottendog seem well... rotten.

Are there any others people recommend/don't recommend?

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 13
Power supply boards or just aftermarket boards in general?

Homepin makes some aftermarket boards
There is a new Aussie guy making some, no idea if they are good or not https://coin-uppinball.com/

Both, really! I may need a new CPU for example in the future - just want to take advantage of others experiences.

I know PinSound do the CPU's which is a fairly new product.

Will take a look at Homepin and the Aussie! Cheers!

I did a page on boards

Hacked DE PSB’s are common, I replaced mine with an Rottendog and it didn’t solve the issue I was chasing but has been fine.
EDIT: It is an Xpin board. Rottendog were going through issues at the time.

Last edited:
I have an Xpin PSB in my Robocop, and there was also one in my DESW I had briefly. Both fine, however.. I've tried two Xpin PPBs in Robocop and neither worked correctly, they were not helpful in coming up with a resolution either. Therefore I've had to keep the original in use.

I have an Xpin PSB in my Robocop, and there was also one in my DESW I had briefly. Both fine, however.. I've tried two Xpin PPBs in Robocop and neither worked correctly, they were not helpful in coming up with a resolution either. Therefore I've had to keep the original in use.
Good info, thanks!

I did a page on boards

Hacked DE PSB’s are common, I replaced mine with an Rottendog and it didn’t solve the issue I was chasing but has been fine.
EDIT: It is an Xpin board. Rottendog were going through issues at the time.
Ah this is a good resource you put together. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom