What's new

Advice on pf protectors etc for Metallica Pro+where to buy mods for 1st pin

Den - aka Wolfgang

Site Supporter
Evening all, I hope everyone is well.

So I have first pin (MET PRO) on its way a little over a week from now and would like some advice for a newbie owner like myself re; anything such as playfield protectors I should be buying and where to order from?

Pinball Bazzar is the only site I could find in thr u.k, but if anyone has any other sites to recommend I'd be grateful.

Protectors and maintenance:

To my knowledge I don't believe my pin has any protectors etc fitted and the machine will be my pride & joy, so want to look after it as much as I can; which items should I buy? (would be handy handy know how difficult anything it to fit before I order too)

Should I get plastic/playfield protectors/cliff's?; if so, which ones from where?
I see there is also a shooter lane protector and and extended Sparkey airball protector you can buy; are they worth it?

Which cleaning/protective products should I buy and how often to use?

Mods:

I'll prob want to buy the snake mod (the sticker kind of thing which extends the snake up and around thr right ramp) - does anyone know where I can get this from in the U.K?

Possibly interested in the snake mouth light mod - is this difficult to install?

I'll likely get the cemetery mod (although seems bloody expensive for what it is....); is it difficult to install? (As it has a light, I'm a bit worried about piping that into the wiring and ballsing something up)

Does anyone have experience with the Pinshield PF glass protectors for when the pin isn't being used?; this seems preferable to a dust cover for the whole machine.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Some of this is such personal preference but…
Pinshield cover is very good, fits well, looks nice - get one.
My playfield is in superb condition and had had 1000’s of games. Wouldn’t dream of using a playfield protector on it.
Colywobbles protectors are always great, neon look good on this pin - so that’s on slings and outlane plastics.
Snake light mod is really unnecessary - it has its own flasher (well worth changing to a green one) and also a green light behind it, just no point at all in lighting the mouth. Tongue decal & fangs are worth adding though.
I’m not a fan of speaker lights but they look great on this pin and there some nice cut out designs for speaker inserts too.
This pin looks great as it is, I personally wouldn’t add the cemetery arch but that just personal choice again, I’ve added some subtle bits, I’ll pm you some pics [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other thing…. slow down [emoji23], get the pin first. Level it, play it & enjoy it. Then start thinking about what you might like to add (or remove) [emoji106]

Cheers for the advice Andy😀 You are defo right about slowing down; wasn't planning on adding any mods fora while (if at all; already has some good mods; speaker lights, snake fangs etc), my priority was more should I be adding protectors etc to make sure I look after it. (Glad the pf protector isn't recommended; really don't want to be disassembling anything. Think the machine is one of the earlier models and the pf is I think in great condition ) - will look into plastic protectors though👍🏻
I do have a nice Dirty Donny 'tallica poster on the way to hang next it it though 😀 - need to find a blacklight solution to shine on it, as it reacts to that.

…colour DMD [emoji106]
And sparky airball protector is a must too.

I love mine, still smells of beer when you open the coin door but I feel washing that smell out will be like kicking Dave Mustaine out of the band again [emoji23]

I love mine, still smells of beer when you open the coin door but I feel washing that smell out will be like kicking Dave Mustaine out of the band again [emoji23]

🤣 Speaking of which, I was thinking of making a sign to put near the machine for when people are over "no food or drinks near machine!...", but I I that'd encourage people😀 - prob best to just buy one of those drinks holders for pint glasses.

Re; colour DMD, might do that down thr line if one comes up at a good price (have colour roms set up on a lot of tables in Visual Pinball), however I quite like the look of the Red dmd ; like the semi-old school look👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom